SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Gaz Coombe's Gibson ES335

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7310
edited November 2016 in Guitars £
As you can probably tell from my recent discussions I've been trying to sell some guitars to finance a new kitchen. This kitchen has now turned into a house move so financially the landscape has changed ....a lot !

I'm going to have to cut back to a couple of guitars and let the rest go.

I bought the Gaz 335 from St Hubbins back in the spring. It's a beauty and was bought for my mrs as she's a massive fan. However she actually plays an 00 Martin so the 335 is bigger and heavier than she's used to , it means it's hanging on the wall being lusted over but not really played.

St Hubb kindly arranged for us to meet Gaz backstage at a recent gig so through this guitar she got to chat with him , talk about the guitar and basically drunkenly gurn at him. It means having the guitar , albeit temporarily brought her huge pleasure !

I paid £2k for it which I thought was a fair price, I'm going to sell it for that but don't want to get into any trades or negotiations really - I'm hoping for a quick sale with no mess.

There are loads of photos on St Hubbins original post but happy to email any more over to interested parties - just give me a shout if so.

if in the meantime my other stuff sells I think I'll keep this , it's a versatile guitar and laden with mojo provenance as well as the Supergrass branded flight case but as a fanatical Tele player it's a luxury really.

cheers

http://i67.tinypic.com/9kuvcz.jpg

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lovely guitar.....but I'm confused ...a lady playing guitar in a picture on the Fretboard  :) GLWSS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's no lady, that's my wife etc......
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Christ your only round the corner from me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5317
    how much for your wife ?
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry Mcgaw , she's a vintage model with all
    the associated age related issues. It'll need too much work to make it sellable.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Travis you are welcome round for a twang no problem , no obligation at all 

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Travis you are welcome round for a twang no problem , no obligation at all 

Are you talking about the guitar or the vintage model?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha. Sorry that would be the guitar !

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1075
    What's the neck like on the 335?
  • It's fairly substantial , I think the 89 is supposed to have a 59 style neck (I'm sure I read that somewhere). It's not as clubby as a LP but certainly bigger than the SG I have that has a slim 60s neck.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7310
    edited October 2016
    Here it is in action , it's not my mrs playing it this time.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5317
    Sorry Mcgaw , she's a vintage model with all
    the associated age related issues. It'll need too much work to make it sellable.
    shame that dont think my vintage model would be too happy with another
  • So what's the "proof" it was Gaz's
  • Check out St Hubbins original thread Travis, I've got some other photographic and written proof too which I can chuck in the case to prove its provenance.

Without wanting to bust St Hubbin's cover , he brokered the original deal for the guitar then kindly took us backstage at a recent Gaz gig to drink some of Gaz's rider and talk crap with the man himself (what a nice bloke too)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ok - I'll have the "solid investment" conversation with mrs T later .......
  • Wow I didn't think this woukd be up for sale 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5100
    It's fairly substantial , I think the 89 is supposed to have a 59 style neck (I'm sure I read that somewhere). It's not as clubby as a LP but certainly bigger than the SG I have that has a slim 60s neck.
    Any chance you could measure the neck depth front to back at the first and twelfth frets? That will give a good idea of the neck thickness.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry I'm not good at this stuff as to be honest it doesnt really register that much for me. Do you mean with a ruler from top of fret to bottom of neck sideways on ?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16267
    the guitar playing in the JOOLS clip must be running through an acoustic simulator , certainly doesn't sound electric
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Literally dreamt about this guitar as a kid.