Searching for lefty guitars in the classifieds

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Skarloey said:
    There ARE some left handed violins available to buy although probably like you I can't recall ever seeing  a left handed classical violinist. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Barth

Amongst others: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musicians_who_play_left-handed#Violinists

Only pro I've ever seen had a mangled left hand (accident? Thalidomide?) and was thus forced to play the other way around. Actually, he might have been a viola player...

OP: @digitalscream and @monquixote might not be monitoring Off Topic for this sort of meta/technical issue. Meta is now called Help & Feedback on here, maybe you can still move this discussion, or try again there.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    The answer the OP gave in the second post is the right one.

The reason you don't find many lefty guitars when you search is that there aren't many.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

^^ Wiz'd @monquixote We had a young lad dep for us on our last gig, a band contest. He's a lefty, and only had a very basic bass, the cheapest Ibanez make. We have access to decent basses, but they are all righty. As we wanted to make a good impression on the organisers of the contest to get onto the open air festival they run, I looked into buying a better bass for him (second hand) for the one show that I could then flip for what I paid. J, P, MM Ray, any of those would have worked. There was absolutely nothing to be found nationwide, I gave up.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    The main reason is that a large percentage of lefties (myself included) play right handed because it's such a ball ache otherwise.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    mixolyd said:
    Well done guys, you just let Garthy troll the thread and derail it entirely.
    Very sorry Mixolyd, I was pulling your leg.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    The main reason is that a large percentage of lefties (myself included) play right handed because it's such a ball ache otherwise.
    It's really not. Not anymore. Even when I started you could get decent left handed guitars, they were just so expensive. But now? Prices are comparable. There isn't the huge range, but it is much better. And the reason it is much better is because lefties who feel more comfortable playing as lefties have made noise about it.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    Yeh but left handed guitars look well wrong,
    I mean, what the effing fuck is this?
    Image result for left handed telecaster

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom