Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

DELAY...shall i call Time on my Timeline?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• As above, I use the same NUX switcher and midi to control my Amp and Delay ( Flashback X4, giving me 5 presets and a bypass) 
    honestly I just collect @digitalscreams gear now, I'll have his Kraken soon ( phnar phnar) 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    shaunm said:
    I am a bit of a delay noob, I've tried the carbon copy (bought and sold several times because I seem to be the only person who doesn't like it so I thought I must be using it wrong) and a boss DD3. The DD3 to me seems to have a great tone where the pedal doesn't seem to alter my core tone. 

I am curious about the timeline and other pedals like it because I get how useful the banks of presets would be but on every demo I've heard of them they seem to add a sound (other than the delay that is). I'm not sure how best to describe it but i certainly don't mean transparent. 
    I used a DD3 for ages - preferred the tone of repeats over Timeline, DD7 and the DD500. But then I found the SDD3000. It's fucking massive but it's wonderful. Lovely core tones, very simple to use (it's all dials, no menus and submenus) and having tap and presets is just so helpful - when you like the tone. If size doesn't matter - and apparently it doesn't - check it out. 
    Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    Thanks -- will do
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom