Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Adult-ing Milestones

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28736

Then the shed needs doing.
    You sound like a man who needs two lawnmowers, a strimmer and a barbecue. I believe I can help.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • aduling milestones

1 first sex
    2 first time nicked
    3 first sentance
    4 first kill
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

You sound like a man who needs two lawnmowers, a strimmer and a barbecue. I believe I can help.
    I have what is described as an easy maintenance garden. Please, @Sporkyfeel free to tell me about this helpful barbeque of yours.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got the light fitting, which is going up tomorrow.  If I should meet my end during this event, I want all my worldly possessions buried with me.  

I have what is described as an easy maintenance garden. Please, @Sporkyfeel free to tell me about this helpful barbeque of yours.
    It is made of metal, and you put fire and then food into it. You can fit more food into it in one go than Lady BMcH and I can eat in one go. I think it is silver and black.
  • Wait a minute! I see the catch.  Where do I get the fire from?  
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    strtdv said:
    A couple of our radiators have sludge, so I guess my next adulting job will be to drain the system and remove and wash out the radiators, followed by some Fernox.

Oh, and I've been married for long enough now for my wife to accept that I have better spatial awareness than she does, so if I say it won't fit, it won't fit, and vice versa.
    You don't have to take the rads off and flush them. It's a really messy job and the crap in the lowest pipework still gets left behind. I used Sentinel sludge remover on our system last year. You just drain off a bit of water, bung it in the header tank, top up and run the system as normal. It says to leave it for a couple of days but I left it in for a fortnight. The amount of crud that came out was amazing and the whole thing runs much hotter now. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2468
    @boogieman planning to do that too, but one of the radiators is so bad that I reckon the only option is take it off and flush it, or get a powerflush done which I'm not willing to take the risk on.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • I was born an old man out of the womb. 
    strtdv said:
    @boogieman planning to do that too, but one of the radiators is so bad that I reckon the only option is take it off and flush it, or get a powerflush done which I'm not willing to take the risk on.
    Ah fair enough. I remember flushing the rads at my old house with a hose and it was grim work, took literally hours for the water to run clear and the lawn was covered in black crud afterwards. 

I'm not convinced by power-flushing either. I'm sure it's ok if it's done properly but a lot of so-called heating engineers just hook up the pump and give it a quick blast through. It should take a whole day to do a system thoroughly. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    edited October 2016
    Sporky said:

That;'s funny. I was that man. When my Dad moved to his flat I was given his petrol mower. Oh now......that is a key moment in a man's life: his first petrol mower. Of course there are stagest to come - petrol strimmers, blowers, err, anything really that has a cord and an engine in it.

I got that into my petrol mower, I have been known to mow the verges outside the house, not jsut mine either, oh no, neighbour's too. Neighbours I don't even talk to really. But their verge - know it intimately.

There's something wonderful about a revving 140cc engine, that simply cuts grass. I have a slow burning ambition to convert it into a racing mower. Proper shed work.
  • Do I need to get married to become an adult?
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    My next job is conservatory furniture, which mean a trip to MK's Ikea.
    And may God have mercy on your soul ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    My next job is conservatory furniture, which mean a trip to MK's Ikea.
    And may God have mercy on your soul ! ;)
    I am currently sitting in IKEA Croydon. One of the things we wanted is out of stock. The other thing we wanted has to be prepaid for at the checkout and "will be ready for collection by the time you've got to the collection point. " Except I've been sitting here for 20 minutes already. And it isn't.
    FML. 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Snap said:
    Sporky said:

That;'s funny. I was that man. When my Dad moved to his flat I was given his petrol mower. Oh now......that is a key moment in a man's life: his first petrol mower. Of course there are stagest to come - petrol strimmers, blowers, err, anything really that has a cord and an engine in it.

I got that into my petrol mower, I have been known to mow the verges outside the house, not jsut mine either, oh no, neighbour's too. Neighbours I don't even talk to really. But their verge - know it intimately.

There's something wonderful about a revving 140cc engine, that simply cuts grass. I have a slow burning ambition to convert it into a racing mower. Proper shed work.
    Real men have chainsaws.. 
  • In the last 6 years i got married, bought a house and had a child. I'm 31 and still feel 15 
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited October 2016
    Fuck-ing hell!

My kitchen is a wasteland!  I thought that changing a light fitting would be a simple case of disconnecting and unattaching the original one, and fitting the new one. 

Three hours, mind you , that is including the trip to Wickes to collect offcuts of wood.

Also the ceiling needs filling and painting. 

For fvcks sake.

Edit: I do not know if the new fitting works as the bulbs that come with it did.  Thank fk I'm on nights!
    Wait a minute! I see the catch.  Where do I get the fire from?  
    Probably from the wiring in the house.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    Wait a minute! I see the catch.  Where do I get the fire from?  
    Probably from the wiring in the house.
    Well played, sir. Well played.

I'm currently more concerned about a dust explosion considering the state I left said kitchen in.
  • Right, who knows anything about touching up plaster work?