NGD build under way... FINISHED

What's Hot

Comments

• Jalapeno said:
    Looking great, WOWd :)
    thanks.. :)

Megii said:
    I think the tortoiseshell guard looks absolutely killer, just saying. Plus personally, I'd have a PAF humbucker type in the neck slot, but it's not about me of course. Going to be a lovely guitar anyhow, that much is clear, and cheers for the pics.
    I'm leaning towards the tortoiseshell guard myself now @Megii  ... it's getting near completion now as the pick ups arrived in the country... he is going to try a PAF in the neck too to see which he thinks sounds better.. :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Tortoise guard all the way looks great
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    skaguitar said:

Megii said:
    I think the tortoiseshell guard looks absolutely killer, just saying. Plus personally, I'd have a PAF humbucker type in the neck slot, but it's not about me of course. Going to be a lovely guitar anyhow, that much is clear, and cheers for the pics.
    I'm leaning towards the tortoiseshell guard myself now @Megii  ... it's getting near completion now as the pick ups arrived in the country... he is going to try a PAF in the neck too to see which he thinks sounds better.. :)
    Don't let me put you off course if you fancy the wide range humbucker - it's just that I've often thought I'd like a tele with body contours like yours, plus a natural finish, and a nice paf type in the neck position, so I see your build project and it looks awfully close! Got to be the way you want it basically, although I'm glad you're warming to the tortoiseshell... :)
  • Megii said:
    skaguitar said:

Megii said:
    Don't let me put you off course if you fancy the wide range humbucker - it's just that I've often thought I'd like a tele with body contours like yours, plus a natural finish, and a nice paf type in the neck position, so I see your build project and it looks awfully close! Got to be the way you want it basically, although I'm glad you're warming to the tortoiseshell... :)
    Going to try both wide range and PAF style and see which one suits it best.. :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • ok...this guard was what I initially chose for the build and now I've seen the picture of it I prefer it to the tortoise shell...

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3/itsandygardner/Tele build/Screenshot_2016-11-14-21-55-29_zpschx0es61.png

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Got this delivered to me today....all I can say is what a guitar....!!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Now that's a tasty Tele - many congrats.  Not sure 'bout the chicken heads though - don't really look right on a guitar to me.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Nice ! I like it but that tortoise looked killer with that finish and wood stain .....
  • That looks great! Subtle and very classy.
    It'd be cool to hear it if you get time to record a few tones.
    Congratulations though.

• Voxman said:
    Now that's a tasty Tele - many congrats.  Not sure 'bout the chicken heads though - don't really look right on a guitar to me.  
    capo4th said:
    Nice ! I like it but that tortoise looked killer with that finish and wood stain .....
    thanks people...I'm very happy with how it has come out...and it sounds superb...it was tough to choose between the tortoise shell and the one that's on it...but for me the black looked better
  • That looks great! Subtle and very classy.
    It'd be cool to hear it if you get time to record a few tones.
    Congratulations though.
    thanks... I wouldn't have a clue how to record tones and put them on here... if someone records us playing at our next gig I could post a video of that..?
  • here's a video of me playing this guitar at a recent gig @ElectroDan ;... going through the other bands amp...a little fender...guitar straight to amp with a bit of reverb... :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks and sounds great :)
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I must echo the above comment - it does indeed! And I'm glad now that you went with the original pickguard - that is a cool, and individual touch. Congrats mate anyhow, really cracking guitar, and some nice playing there too. :D 

• I like it but personally would prefer a non contoured body and different knobs. Never heard of an 11 pole pickup before, what's that like compared to a regular Tele bridge pickup? (and please don't say it's 5 more!)

• SporkySporky Frets: 28233
    That scratchplate is so much better than yet another tort. Nice work.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Very cool! Sounds great through that amp.
    It must be that extra bit rewarding playing something you've built yourself and hearing a great tone coming from it.
  • Looks and sounds great :)
    thanks...:)

Megii said:
    I must echo the above comment - it does indeed! And I'm glad now that you went with the original pickguard - that is a cool, and individual touch. Congrats mate anyhow, really cracking guitar, and some nice playing there too. :D 

thank you....yeah i think the black guard sets it off nicely... :)

I like it but personally would prefer a non contoured body and different knobs. Never heard of an 11 pole pickup before, what's that like compared to a regular Tele bridge pickup? (and please don't say it's 5 more!)
    The contours match my body shape...lol

It is more powerful than a standard 6 pole and means I can flick to the bridge for any solos and it is a natural boost as I don't use pedals at all.. :)

Sporky said:
    That scratchplate is so much better than yet another tort. Nice work.
    thanks.. :)

Very cool! Sounds great through that amp.
    It must be that extra bit rewarding playing something you've built yourself and hearing a great tone coming from it.
    thanks... I wish I was talented enough to build something like this myself...it was built by this guy who is the talented one

http://californiaartistgu.wixsite.com/california-ag/artist-series-t-1

and how he does it for the price is beyond me...if anyone is interested pm me and i'll tell you how much it cost. :)