Nintendo Switch (formerly NX)

What's Hot

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4174
    @stickyfiddle they had to, to be fair. £60 for Zelda on Switch at 900p against £40 for the exact same game on U at 720p, they were kinda taking the piss. 

They've made a right mess of the launch so far, I was super excited for the concept but having been stung for the U early on I'm not exactly filled with confidence. I'll get one eventually, but not at the current price. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    @randella Oh absolutely! I'm never going to defend a 60 quid game. I can't help but feel if new games were 30 quid people would buy a lot more of them

I love the idea of the Switch, but having just dived into a 3DS I'm actually finding myself very happy with just that at the mo. They also need to sort out the virtual console stuff. I've paid for Super Mario World at least 4 times in my life. I have no problem paying a small unlock fee for a new machine (as with the Wii -> Wii U transfer, it was only £1.50 or so) but as much as I adore the game I don't want to pay another £8 to be able to play it on the Switch. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16681
    I saw the drop in price.  Good news.

although I do think they need to consider including an equivalent of wii sports in the box.  A basic accessible game that shows what the new console is all about. Hopefully there are some freebies with the Nintendo account instead.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4174
    @randella Oh absolutely! I'm never going to defend a 60 quid game. I can't help but feel if new games were 30 quid people would buy a lot more of them

I love the idea of the Switch, but having just dived into a 3DS I'm actually finding myself very happy with just that at the mo. They also need to sort out the virtual console stuff. I've paid for Super Mario World at least 4 times in my life. I have no problem paying a small unlock fee for a new machine (as with the Wii -> Wii U transfer, it was only £1.50 or so) but as much as I adore the game I don't want to pay another £8 to be able to play it on the Switch. 
    You're spot on with that @stickyfiddle ;

Enjoy the 3DS, they're great. Epic library of games for you to look forward to there :)
  • My local store has just announced pre-order pricing. 2300 desert dollars for a Switch with Zelda and 1-2-Switch. That's 509 english pounds...

And you brits think youve got it bad...!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7876
    I'm a gamer.  However, I think Nintendo should abandon hardware, and make great games for all
    platforms.  They are starting to embrace mobile, with great results for far (love Super Mario
    Run). 
    Switch wont be a failure, but it'll only make money for Nintendo.  3rd part publishers rarely make good money developing for Nintendo hardware....

• TheMarlin said:
    I'm a gamer.  However, I think Nintendo should abandon hardware, and make great games for all
    platforms.  They are starting to embrace mobile, with great results for far (love Super Mario
    Run). 
    Switch wont be a failure, but it'll only make money for Nintendo.  3rd part publishers rarely make good money developing for Nintendo hardware....

While I like the idea, Nintendo's hardware is actually quite far removed from Sony & MS's. That model would also put Nintendo entirely at the mercy of what other console makers choose to develop, which they would never accept. 

You say it yourself - Nintendo consoles make money for Nintendo. So why would it stop making consoles?
  • Cancelled my pre order, will wait for Mario release which will prob be Xmas knowing Nintendo
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Although I've placed a deposit for preorder, and desperate to play the new Zelda, I'm thinking of holding out a while longer too. I'll possibly treat myself to some new gear instead.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16681
    I have the 3rd booked off work.  Amazon have upgraded me to release date delivery.

I am ignoring you all because I am still excited :)
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I've been debating cancelling as I've a busy month in march with work so not sure how much use it will get.

But I've not missed a hardware launch for about 20 years.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I might end up getting awii u for Zelda. I can justify that
    My V key is broken
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Unless you buy second hand then the Wii U probably isn't worth it.  It seems to be about £230 for a new Wii U with Mario Kart bundled.  With the Switch at £279 I'd just get the Switch.

Once the Switch has actually been released there might be reductions on the Wii U though.
    Which colour switch have people ordered?

All grey or the multi coloured one?
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    All grey. Game had ran out of the multicoloured ones when I placed my preorder. I was going to cancel it but I really can't wait. The new Zelda looks incredible!
    I had grey on Amazon but checked other day and they had multi coloured so switched my switch.
    So Zelda is Arriving Friday and my Switch is arriving Saturday.

Im working all weekend aswell :(
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I'm still unsure whether I should cancel my pre-order - not long left to decide :o
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17619
    tFB Trader
    The fact that I can order one of these from Amazon to be delivered on release day is probably a big worry for Nintendo.

As the moment I just don't think there are enough games to justify a purchase, but it would be amazing for my train journeys.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    The makers of the new Toe Jam & Earl game have just announced they'll be releasing on switch as one of the early launch titles. That makes it a bit more interesting for me :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom