Nintendo Switch (formerly NX)

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16681
    Isn't part of that not going for the pre x-mas release like they did with the wii?  

Amazon sold their initial allocation within a few hours.  They must have had more in.

actually that reminds me.  I ordered a wii from amazon on release day when they were out of stock everywhere.  I assumed it was a website glitch but ordered on the off chance it wasn't.  It arrived the next day.  My mate who preordered from game was waiting months after the release date and they were going for silly money on eBay for ages
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17616
    tFB Trader
    Yeah it could be that.

I haven't been tracking the stock so it could be that the one time I checked they just happened to be available.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    edited March 2017

As the moment I just don't think there are enough games to justify a purchase, but it would be amazing for my train journeys.
    For me, and most probably many others, I'll be too busy playing Zelda to worry about other games. And by the time I've finished it, something else will be waiting. Call me contrary but I like the fact I won't be overwhelmed with a vast array of games that I'll probably never play and much prefer the idea of appreciating the game I'm playing without worrying about others and being drip fed good quality titles along the line.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I'm looking forward to Zelda so I can't bring myself to cancel, if I get a decent game every few months like I did with the Wii U I will be happy as I still have my Xbox and no doubt a Scorpio at the end of the year.
    Yeah it could be that.

I haven't been tracking the stock so it could be that the one time I checked they just happened to be available.

They have been like that few a few days at least because I noticed the other day... but without knowing stock or sales numbers its hard to say any more. 

I find it funny that we tend to define a successful launch as one where the product is unobtainable.   Its entirely possible they predicted demand quite well and set an appropriate release date around that.  I guess the buzz around a sold out new product is good advertising, and it can make sense to create an artificial shortage.... but it also restricts the number of units you can sell whilst the buzz is there.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    The demands that we hit our dates and speed with which they signed off on our game submission leads me to be believe that they are somewhat concerned about the availablity of titles for the Switch.
    I honestly don't think we're going to see massive numbers at launch.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    What games that?
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    DanR said:
    What games that?
    https://youtu.be/pQUsoL0fq8o
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Went to the cinema to watch Cure for wellness which happened to finished at midnight so walked to GAME and picked this up.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27006
    Well Zelda is getting "holy shit" kinda reviews, so I'm inevitably going to grab one soon. But I have a mate staying this weekend and i'm on holiday for a week from next weekend so I have to wait AGES. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Mine is at the local post office and should be here today.  I'm stuck at home with a poorly child anyway so it's all working out nicely (well, maybe not for my daughter)
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Always been a massive Nintendo fan - way better than anything else - and always loved Zelda. Just don't have the time for it these days - used to be a big gamer but since I picked up a guitar... there are so many games over the last 10 years I'd like to try. Just checked the review of Zelda - looks really amazing. 
    Always been a massive Nintendo fan - way better than anything else - and always loved Zelda. Just don't have the time for it these days - used to be a big gamer but since I picked up a guitar... there are so many games over the last 10 years I'd like to try. Just checked the review of Zelda - looks really amazing. 
    Its understandable, especially in your current situation.   

I am in the same boat for different reasons. I have not owned a console since i sold my Wii a few years ago.  I used to be a PC gamer but don't have the time for that these days.   I don't even get much guitar time at the moment, last weekend i realised I had not touched one for 3 weeks and had to claim a day in the workshop to make up for it.    I am not sure how much time  i will get to actually play the switch with two kids under 5,  both my wife and I work full time..... but i am going to try goddammit!!   

Zelda is the only reason I have ever bought a console, its still a guilty pelasure for me
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    I've really got pangs for one of these now, despite barely playing my ps4 or DS since I got them eurgh..
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I want one but I have a PS4 already and they are a bit to expensive for me at the moment.

Went to the cinema to watch Cure for wellness which happened to finished at midnight so walked to GAME and picked this up.

Didn't realise you were from around my way chap?

Mine should turn up from Amazon today, been wondering if I should of got the pro controller.

• teradaterada Frets: 5113

I didn't cancel mine in the end - so it is currently in the post from Amazon!

Although they have a shockingly poor record for delivering to my work address so whether I actually get it today is another matter!

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I spoke too soon - It has arrived! But I still need to pick up a copy of Zelda after work. This afternoon is going to draaaaag on.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Mine's arrived!

A little surprised by how small it is - the console without the controllers attached isn't much bigger than my phone in it's case (a Google Nexus 6, roughly the same size as an iPhone 6+).

Not sure if it's Nintendo's severs struggling with demand or our temperamental wifi but downloading the launch day update was a bit of a pain.

Had a quick blast on Zelda.  It looks stunning.  Not really had chance to get to grips with it yet but it seems promising.

Not 100% on the joy-cons.  I tried them attached to the side and one in each hand and things don't seem to fall under the fingers as easily as I would like.  It's not awful though and is no doubt something I'll get used to and it might be better in the controller grip.  I'm a little reluctant to spend £70 on the pro controller.