Motorbikes! Now I get it.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited October 2016
    Sporky said:
    octatonic said:
    If you wondered what sort of target audience these bikes appeal to though, check the guitar and amp in this picture.

Do they do relics?
    Give me one: it'll be reliced and roadworn within the week.

Edit: I believe that the proper bikesters amongst us call it dropped. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28749
    Is quite like one of these, do you think the Raptors are an optional extra?
    That's obviously an OCC bike - a standard frame with a load of plastic dinosaurs glued on.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • derndern Frets: 357
    edited October 2016
    Bikes are a bit like guitars for me... I buy the ones I like the look of and play with them for a bit until I get bored and go back to what I know. I went from a blade that I'd had from new and did something like 35k miles on and got rid when it started to break down a lot. Got seduced by an R1 that wasn't as good but very fast. Convinced myself that an RG1150GS would be a great buy for someone of my age. It was easy to ride, accomplished at covering ground but very dull. It was also incredibly unreliable and the engine was a massive pile of shite. Replaced it with a KTM superduke that I mistakenly thought would be a right laugh but was just annoying and it had a shite engine. I've now got another blade which is brilliant. Lesson learned.

I do miss my ZXR750 though.

The triumph looks like its natural habitat would be in a heated wooden garage next to a vintage guitar/amp combination all being adored by someone who thinks far far too much about watches.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    edited October 2016
    Old Yam 650 cafe racer...

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    I rather like this Triumph custom Bobber...
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0fPmfoAcLiA/hqdefault.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Bikes are a bit like guitars for me... I buy the ones I like the look of and play with them for a bit until I get bored and go back to what I know. I went from a blade that I'd had from new and did something like 35k miles on and got rid when it started to break down a lot. Got seduced by an R1 that wasn't as good but very fast. Convinced myself that an RG1150GS would be a great buy for someone of my age. It was easy to ride, accomplished at covering ground but very dull. It was also incredibly unreliable and the engine was a massive pile of shite. Replaced it with a KTM superduke that I mistakenly thought would be a right laugh but was just annoying and it had a shite engine. I've now got another blade which is brilliant. Lesson learned.

I do miss my ZXR750 though.

The triumph looks like its natural habitat would be in a heated wooden garage next to a vintage guitar/amp combination all being adored by someone who thinks far far too much about watches.
    I think if you really really love the blade and it's smooth inline 4 character, you're really not going to click with a twin....and the R1150 motor is pretty boring by twin standards. 
  • derndern Frets: 357
    I think if you really really love the blade and it's smooth inline 4 character, you're really not going to click with a twin....and the R1150 motor is pretty boring by twin standards. 
    While it's true the main problem I had with the BMW and the KTM is that the throttle response off a closed throttle was appalling. I had a 748s a while back and that was way better as was the VTR I rode. But yeah, in-line 4s for me from now on.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    dern said:
    While it's true the main problem I had with the BMW and the KTM is that the throttle response off a closed throttle was appalling. I had a 748s a while back and that was way better as was the VTR I rode. But yeah, in-line 4s for me from now on.
    I got rid of a KTM1190 a few months ago.
    It was a riot but after a string of Trumpets and Beemers the gearbox felt rough and the whole bike lacked refinement.
    It was fun, but I just couldn't ride it all day without getting exhausted.
    I don't miss it.

I now have a Boxer twin (R1200RT) and an IL4 (S1000R) and they both suit me, for the jobs they do.
    I'd easily have another Triumph triple, or a Ducati twin (looking at the Supersport when it comes).
    I just think KTM never really lost their dirt bike feel, which is fine if that is what you are looking for, but I prefer different things.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>