What's Hot
Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
edited October 2016 in Off Topic
I now know that I have to get a bike licence
1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33871
    Awesome looking bike.
    It is going to be a bit of a single purpose machine- you couldn't use it to commute on if you want to carry more than what can fit in a backpack.
    You couldn't tour on it easily either.

... but I have a bad case of the wants.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • But it looks soooo good.  If I got it, I may be able to out-do the Harley owners at work.  Apparently one has haad a tank upgrade and can do 90 miles.  :$
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    tFB Trader
    Must say I like it, although it could do with some rake in the front.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I love it, but it is still a Bonneville. When I last borrowed one, I spent quite a while bouncing off the rev limiter. I could get use to it though I really could. Would have to ditch the power-ranger suit though.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2602
    Not for me but I'm sure the Shoreditch Hipsters will love it. Which is largely their market to be fair. My bikes have always served a purpose, my current one being a sports tourer which ticks all of my boxes. I would much rather ride my bike in the Alps than park it outside a cafe to look 'cool'. 
    cruxiform said:
    Not for me but I'm sure the Shoreditch Hipsters will love it. Which is largely their market to be fair. My bikes have always served a purpose, my current one being a sports tourer which ticks all of my boxes. I would much rather ride my bike in the Alps than park it outside a cafe to look 'cool'. 
    Agree, for the most part.
    I'd love to own the Triumph above but it couldn't be and wouldn't be a daily rider.

My R1200RT is kinda the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of cool, but I can fit a weeks shopping in the top box and enough clothes in the box and pannier for a month long tour for 2 people.

If I had 10k lying around doing nothing then maybe I'd get one- but that is pretty unlikely.
    edited October 2016
    octatonic said:
    cruxiform said:
    I'd love to own the Triumph above but it couldn't be and wouldn't be a daily rider.

My R1200RT is kinda the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of cool, but I can fit a weeks shopping in the top box and enough clothes in the box and pannier for a month long tour for 2 people.

If I had 10k lying around doing nothing then maybe I'd get one- but that is pretty unlikely.
    I guess if I had the disposable income I might buy a luxury bike to potter around on but I don't he he. Your RT is much more up my Strasse though. Proper touring machine. My K1200S, although different to the boxer twin, is a comfortable bike to tour on. Love it.
    cruxiform said:
    octatonic said:
    cruxiform said:

I guess if I had the disposable income I might buy a luxury bike to potter around on but I don't he he. Your RT is much more up my Strasse though. Proper touring machine. My K1200S, although different to the boxer twin, is a comfortable bike to tour on. Love it.
    I came very close to getting a K1300 actually.
    Love that bike.
    If it had cruise control I'd have bought it but BMW are basically killing off the K1300.
    The K1600 is too big for me.

I'm happy with the RT but it is a tourer not a sports tourer.
    I don't get this universal shift away from Sports tourers to Adventure Touring.
    I find Adv bikes uncomfortable compared to the K1300, RT or Sprint style of position.
    And Adv bikes usually mean you get a face full of wind blast, which I hate.
    octatonic said:
    cruxiform said:
    octatonic said:
    cruxiform said:

Love that bike.
    If it had cruise control I'd have bought it but BMW are basically killing off the K1300.

I find Adv bikes uncomfortable compared to the K1300, RT or Sprint style of position.
    BMW killing off the K1300 is a bad move...unless they have something in the pipeline. This was hinted at when I last went into my local Motorrad dealer. The K1600 is a monster but those who I have spoken to love them. It's a huge unit to manoeuvre and that would put me off. 

Totally agree about Adv bikes. Not for me at all. I've a short leg and the wind blast would do me in. I recently had a week in Germany with friends and one of them could really hustle on his R1200GS but it still didn't convince me.

cruxiform said:
    octatonic said:
    cruxiform said:
    octatonic said:
    cruxiform said:

Love that bike.

BMW killing off the K1300 is a bad move...unless they have something in the pipeline. This was hinted at when I last went into my local Motorrad dealer. The K1600 is a monster but those who I have spoken to love them. It's a huge unit to manoeuvre and that would put me off. 

Totally agree about Adv bikes. Not for me at all. I've a short leg and the wind blast would do me in. I recently had a week in Germany with friends and one of them could really hustle on his R1200GS but it still didn't convince me.

The argument that was put forward back in 2014 was the S1000 platform is going to replace the K1300.
    They have the S1000XR which is the same engine as my S1000R- a bike I love but don't ride as much as the RT- but in the Adv tourer format.
    The XR is a nice bike but it is hellishly buzzy and again the shit ride position.

I'd love them to reissue the K1300GT with all the tech of the S1000RR/R/XR or do an S1000RS style bike- essentially that awesome engine with fairing, pannier mounts and all day comfort.
    I'd sell both my bikes immediately, buy one and be happy.
    edited October 2016
    The argument that was put forward back in 2014 was the S1000 platform is going to replace the K1300.
    They have the S1000XR which is the same engine as my S1000R- a bike I love but don't ride as much as the RT- but in the Adv tourer format.
    The XR is a nice bike but it is hellishly buzzy and again the shit ride position.

I'd love them to reissue the K1300GT with all the tech of the S1000RR/R/XR or do an S1000RS style bike- essentially that awesome engine with fairing, pannier mounts and all day comfort.
    I'd sell both my bikes immediately, buy one and be happy.
    That's the problem with BMW, they always want to 'experiment' with model ranges and additional features, usually at the expense of their customer base. Just listen to those that ride your bikes for goodness sake!! As it stands, I love my K1200S and it's given me 8K miles of trouble free touring this year so can't complain.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1387
    Nope. Not for me. Parallel twins, long wheelbase etc.... No thanks.
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I like it, but it's a bike to own, not to ride... 
    That, and twins are the only engines I don't *Love*. I am always reminded of harleys and therefore heavy agricultural machinery when I hear them ;) 
    Right now I'm just looking at disposable bikes to have a 2 year A2 licence fling with rather than a serious keeper. 
    I might find myself buying myself a triumph street triple in 5 years to be perfectly honest. I love the Street 3 RX, stick a single headlight conversion on and you have a mean ass B-road monster. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    edited October 2016
    Hertz32 said:
    I like it, but it's a bike to own, not to ride... 
    That, and twins are the only engines I don't *Love*. 
    Which twin though?
    There is a world of difference between a boxer, parallel and a v twin.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    edited October 2016
    Triumph 2017 is super exciting, the bobbers, with a massive amount of accessories including oem monkeybars!

https://cdn.rideapart.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/bonnie2.jpeg

The new street cup. Basically a street twin that has been turned into a sweet cafe racer.

http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/PageFiles/590874/1000x750/STREET-CUP.jpg

The new Bonneville t100, lower cc (900 not 1200) and engine output for lower price bracket.

http://images.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/media-library/images/configurator/my17/db/30-09-2016/aegean_blue_fusion_white_db_rhs.png

And then there is the new street triple that will have an increase in cc and presumably power too from 675cc to 765cc. No images besides it spotted on the streets earlier this year.

http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/PageFiles/573888/2.jpg

Also exciting is they could be moving both the Daytona and the striple up to the 765cc mark, which would be a nice boost in performance for both motorcycles.

Both the bobber and the street cup/t100 have come out officially very recently, the t100/street cup first then the bobber a couple of weeks later, will be cool to see if in another couple of weeks they officially announce the new 765 triple range.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6233
    tFB Trader
    I need this bobber
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Why anybody made anything after the gsxr 1000 k6 is beyond me :-)
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Why anybody made anything after the gsxr 1000 k6 is beyond me :-)
    Because not everyone wants to ride around on a Cyclops ;)
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    Mkjackary said:
    Triumph 2017 is super exciting, the bobbers, with a massive amount of accessories including oem monkeybars!

https://cdn.rideapart.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/bonnie2.jpeg

The new street cup. Basically a street twin that has been turned into a sweet cafe racer.

http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/PageFiles/590874/1000x750/STREET-CUP.jpg

The new Bonneville t100, lower cc (900 not 1200) and engine output for lower price bracket.

http://images.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/media-library/images/configurator/my17/db/30-09-2016/aegean_blue_fusion_white_db_rhs.png

And then there is the new street triple that will have an increase in cc and presumably power too from 675cc to 765cc. No images besides it spotted on the streets earlier this year.

http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/PageFiles/573888/2.jpg

Also exciting is they could be moving both the Daytona and the striple up to the 765cc mark, which would be a nice boost in performance for both motorcycles.

Both the bobber and the street cup/t100 have come out officially very recently, the t100/street cup first then the bobber a couple of weeks later, will be cool to see if in another couple of weeks they officially announce the new 765 triple range.
    Loving that street cup, will be an interesting (but potentially expensive) year.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4743
    That first shot of the Bobber on the stand on block pavingis clearly photoshopped as the pool of oil has gone.

Or have bikes actually got better.....

Although looking again, it could be in the shadow.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.