Octave pedal thingy ;)

What's Hot
hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
I'm looking for something like a pog that tracks your guitar notes but an octave lower or  higher sort of thing. Any suggestions that doesn't cost a fortune as it won't be used very often etc?
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The Electro Harmonix stuff tracks better than most I've tried. I have a Whammy V, and often get frustrated with the tracking, but the other stuff it does makes it worth its weight.

I loved the warmer tone of the EQD Organizer, but it's not to everyone's tastes.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    The Electro Harmonix stuff tracks better than most I've tried. I have a Whammy V, and often get frustrated with the tracking, but the other stuff it does makes it worth its weight.

I loved the warmer tone of the EQD Organizer, but it's not to everyone's tastes.
    I'm really bothered with the build quality of EHX products. Are they really that bad?
  • Ahhh...Mooer make a POG type clone, should be cheaper - tender octave or something.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    The TC Sub'n'up replaced the Micro Pog on my board, but both will do what you want (and more in the case of the TC)
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    I'm really bothered with the build quality of EHX products. Are they really that bad?
    EHX stuff, i.m.o., is tough as boots. I've been kicking the crap out of the same Big Muff for donkey's years and it still hasn't given up the ghost.
    The TC Sub'n'up replaced the Micro Pog on my board, but both will do what you want (and more in the case of the TC)
    I think I saw a video demo of the TC Sub. Put off by all the thrash metal demos of it though :(
    paulk said:
    EHX stuff, i.m.o., is tough as boots. I've been kicking the crap out of the same Big Muff for donkey's years and it still hasn't given up the ghost.
    Why do I hear of all the bad press then?
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
    paulk said:
    I'm not impressed - had quite a few EHX failures over the years.
  • The TC Sub'n'up replaced the Micro Pog on my board, but both will do what you want (and more in the case of the TC)

Is the tracking equally as good?

The Micro Pog tracking is excellent.  I just dislike the tone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5535
    I've never had an issue with tracking on my Whammy V.

EHX Pitch Fork? Boss OC-3?
  • If you're only bothered about up or down, as opposed to up and down, and single note lines as opposed to chords then just about any pitch shifter pedal will do the job (I have a Behringer PS-600, which is a clone of the Boss PS-5, which will cost you about £40 and get it done)

If you need it polyphonic there isn't a lot that isn't a POG. Mooer Tender Octaver?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

It is, copes with full chords better than the Micro Pog as well, and being able to add modulation to the octave signals in the TonePrint editor is great. 
  • Never had an ehx failure myself.
    I have with boss though...

Saying all this good pedals for octave up and down stuff. Ehx pitchfork, pog and hog and variants of.

Boss mo-2

And of course the whammy

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Did I mention size matters ;) Smaller the better really
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    edited October 2016
    I use a Whammy Ricochet. Solid, compact, sounds good, not too expensive at 120 new so less than a ton used.
  • The TC Sub'n'up replaced the Micro Pog on my board, but both will do what you want (and more in the case of the TC)

It is, copes with full chords better than the Micro Pog as well, and being able to add modulation to the octave signals in the TonePrint editor is great. 

Cool - I was already happy with the Pog tracking so that sounds great.  I think you can also EQ the octave on the TC pedal?

Cool - I was already happy with the Pog tracking so that sounds great.  I think you can also EQ the octave on the TC pedal?
    All within the TonePrint editor, you can add drive as well and yeah I'm pretty sure you can eq the octave signals as well. I had a play with the editor when I first got it then stick the pedal on my board, like a lot of things I'm sure I could get more of of them if i spent a bit more time tinkering. 
  • Ok excellent thanks.  I need to try one out.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    I also got a sub n up recently and think it's very good indeed.  Not tried a pog though
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Mooer Tender Octaver all day long, you can still pick them up for around £45 on certain Chinese websites.