Octave pedal thingy ;)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    I havent read the whole thread but I've found the Digitech Harmony Man a lovely piece of kit.

Tracks very well, easy to use and tough as old boots.... £100 ish mark second hand and worth every penny IMHO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6095
    Check out demos of the Mooer Tender Octaver. It's such an accurate take on the POG that apparently EHX have demanded it be taken off shelves (internet heresay). Hard to find but can be had via import at Amazon .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JFHSMGW/ref=pd_cp_267_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6CG5T7E6W79QNCRFA2AS

The couple of demos I listened to were very impressive but it won't replace my POG2 as it lacks the  Attack and Detune options, but if it's a basic POG you're looking for it might fit the bill.

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I use the Boss Harmonist for that kind of thing, works great. 
  • Pete24v said:
    I used to a have a ps-6 I snaffled for £60
    absolutely brilliant. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Pete24v said:
    I used to a have a ps-6 I snaffled for £60
    absolutely brilliant. 
    Me too but I found it never tracked very well so I sold it many years ago :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    My PS-6 tracks brilliantly , way better than the digitech harmony man it replaced . 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Pete24v said:
    My PS-6 tracks brilliantly , way better than the digitech harmony man it replaced . 
    Maybe I had the delay on when I used mine then LOL
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1749
    edited October 2016

I've just purchased an even cheaper mooer type pedal - can't remember who makes it but it's called an Octopus and looks identical to the Tender Octaver.

I've no idea if it's any good because it's not arrived yet and the tracking number the seller gave me doesn't work  . Let's just hope it's an oversight on their behalf.

EDIT - it's arrived - sercurity hut hadn't bothered to tell me. It's a tomsline octopus. 1 octave up, 1 octave down and for £15 it's worth a try

• gubble said:

I've just purchased an even cheaper mooer type pedal - can't remember who makes it but it's called an Octopus and looks identical to the Tender Octaver.

I've no idea if it's any good because it's not arrived yet and the tracking number the seller gave me doesn't work  . Let's just hope it's an oversight on their behalf.

EDIT - it's arrived - sercurity hut hadn't bothered to tell me. It's a tomsline octopus. 1 octave up, 1 octave down and for £15 it's worth a try

Interested to hear whether it's any good. At £15 its a total no-brainer if it's not completely shit.

There seems to be a lot of overlap in the Chinese mini-pedal market- a lot of pedals appear to be sold under several different brand names at wildly different prices while being internally almost identical, so it's quite plausible that it is a Mooer Tender Octaver by another name.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

That £15 even included some Velcro so I'm thinking brilliant !

Looking forward to giving it a whirl later one this evening

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Come on then @gubble. ;Verdict?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

Completley forgot to test it - shall try it over the weekend.

It looks very nice and is currently on the passenger seat of my car along with a Boss pedal and a Donner Tremolo