Paul Gilbert at The Garage, London 3/11/16 - anyone going?

What's Hot
BowksBowks Frets: 414
Is anyone going to see PG? I'm tempted, but his recent habit of pulling "guitar faces" does put me off a little.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2930
    I'm tempted; the Garage is a tiny, awesome venue.
  • I'm seeing him in Cardiff on Monday. It was originally meant to be in the Tramshed, but now it's been moved to The Globe, a far smaller venue. Still should be good though.
  • Went to see him a few years ago - great musician. Brilliant show!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 88

Saw him last night in Manchester. Superb as always. And he doesn't take himself seriously.

The other band members are quite good as well :3

• BowksBowks Frets: 414
    trolley said:

Saw him last night in Manchester. Superb as always. And he doesn't take himself seriously.

The other band members are quite good as well :3

That's good to hear. I might pop along. Really surprised that no-one else from here appears to be going. I didn't post in OT as going to see a guitarist play a gig shouldn't really be off topic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    going to see him in Bristol this Wednesday. What time did he start when you guys went ? Just deciding when to drive down to avoid traffic if possible.
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    I'm pretty far from London. I'd definitely go if I were there. We can't pop off without seeing him! What about his gig in Manchester? He's not just a shedder but a first rate musician as well. Some of his solo material is just supreme.
  • Just got back from Cardiff. Excellent as expected. You won't be disappointed if you're going to see him on this tour in the near future.
  • I'll be there! my first time seeing him live, and given how much I enjoyed the Passion & Warfare 25th tour I hope it'll be half as good :)
  • going to see him in Bristol this Wednesday. What time did he start when you guys went ? Just deciding when to drive down to avoid traffic if possible.

Doors opened at 7pm & he came on at 8, played until 9:50pm
  • In Cardiff, the doors opened at 7.30, show started at 9 and went on til around 11.
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    Ticket booked!
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    going to see him in Bristol this Wednesday. What time did he start when you guys went ? Just deciding when to drive down to avoid traffic if possible.
    Best leave now mate with the state of the roads in Bristol at the minute! 

Where is he playing? 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    I saw him in Leamington On Saturday. shreadtastic
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • thanks all, sounds good ! He's playing the Marble Factory tomorrow, was planning to park at Temple Meads station and wander over from there. Hopefully leaving at 630 or so from Stroud we should dodge the worst of the traffic...
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Sadly not coming closer to me than Bochum this tour. :( I've seen him three times live as a solo artist and twice with Mr. Big, though.
  • Awesome gig, and good to meet @Bezzer there too briefly afterwards :) 

@joneve - yeah, see what you mean re roads. Took us 2 hours to get back to Stroud trying to find a way around the fucking roadworks/motorway slip closures !!
    Awesome gig, and good to meet @Bezzer there too briefly afterwards :) 

@joneve - yeah, see what you mean re roads. Took us 2 hours to get back to Stroud trying to find a way around the fucking roadworks/motorway slip closures !!
    It's a nightmare isn't it? I love going to Bristol, but it's such a fucker. 
  • joneve said:

awful. Train and hotel for the night next time !
    joneve said:

awful. Train and hotel for the night next time !
    Is the right answer! 

Marble Factory is a cool venue though! 

You ever been to the Convent in stroud for a gig? I live just over Painswick hill in Brockworth, and there's a couple of guys playing there in december I'm hoping to catch. looks like an ace venue, but was wondering about the acoustics.