Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Broken Rib.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30951
edited October 2016 in Off Topic
I tripped over one of Winnie's toys last night. I landed on the kitchen cupboard door, banging head and cracking my rib.

I was actually apparently unconcious for a short time and have felt shite all day.

And, yes, it hurts to laugh, type, play, cough, eat, drink and wank.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
    edited October 2016
    try doing them one at a time until you've recovered
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    20reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    Well, I knew I'd not get sympathy....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9616
    edited October 2016
    Dont lift up a Les Paul or Fender Super Reverb...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2568
    Bed and a boxset. You know it makes sense.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5297
    kick dog until you feel better?
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1397
    edited October 2016
    I once fell down a flight of stairs in the pitch black in a warehouse carrying an amp. I was very lucky to only fracture a few ribs and it was absolute agony for weeks. You have my absolute sympathy. Rest up and get well soon. 

Oh oh and if you haven't already get yourself to A&E. They won't be able to do anything but they will hook you up with some seriously decent pain killers! You won't feel a thing when they kick in!
    How very rock and roll
  • I once fell down a flight of stairs in the pitch black in a warehouse carrying an amp. I was very lucky to only fracture a few ribs and it was absolute agony for weeks. You have my absolute sympathy. Rest up and get well soon. 

Oh oh and if you haven't already get yourself to A&E. They won't be able to do anything but they will hook you up with some seriously decent pain killers! You won't feel a thing when they kick in!
    ^^ That. I was given Co-codamol and Diclofenac after I broke/ bruised a few ribs. Had a week of fluffy clouds!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I once fell down a flight of stairs in the pitch black in a warehouse carrying an amp. I was very lucky to only fracture a few ribs and it was absolute agony for weeks. You have my absolute sympathy. Rest up and get well soon. 

^^ That. I was given Co-codamol and Diclofenac after I broke/ bruised a few ribs. Had a week of fluffy clouds!
    I agree with that. I was on the same cocktail when I fractured my neck. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4305
    I broke two windsurfing 20 years ago and boy did it hurt. You'll be sore for a week and need to be careful for 4 weeks.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24850
    I know someone who recently had a number of ribs and his sternum broken due to having CPR administered.

At the time I was feeling somewhat sorry for myself. His brush with death snapped me out of it....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Pfffft! Just one? I was under the influence of,erm, something that gives you extra energy, and fell onto a toilet. Fractured all but one down my left side, I passed out or got knocked out as well. 
    About the only thing that didn't hurt to do was blink
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    I know someone who recently had a number of ribs and his sternum broken due to having CPR administered.

At the time I was feeling somewhat sorry for myself. His brush with death snapped me out of it....
    Wow that's great news, you're friend is really lucky, the statistics for cpr saving someone are depressingly low unless you have a defibrillator. 
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Careful with the co-codamol took 2 for a bad back pain some time ago, ended up collapsed on the floor unconscious. Turned out I was allergic to codeine.  
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    edited October 2016
    ;) Gassage said:
    I tripped over one of Winnie's toys last night. I landed on the kitchen cupboard door, banging head and cracking my rib.

I was actually apparently unconcious for a short time and have felt shite all day.

Sounds like an auto asphyxiation attempt gone wrong  ;) :)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24850
    edited October 2016
    BigMonka said:
    Wow that's great news, you're friend is really lucky, the statistics for cpr saving someone are depressingly low unless you have a defibrillator. 
    He arrested twice (once on the way to and once on arrival at hospital). He had a stent fitted and is recovering at home.

The person in question is in his mid-60s - but looks fit as a flea - thin, looks young for his age - the last person you'd expect to have heart problems.

Sounds like he has been 'lucky'!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Is Winnie your dog or your Gimp?
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've cracked ribs too in the past- part and parcel of doing what MrsLostSon calls "stupid bloody sports" (MMA). Take it easy for a few days & take the drugs! Dont be a hero- it's damned sore. 
    I generally find that keeping moving (albeit gently) helps my recovery- I get more sore if I sit and "settle" in a position for too long. 
    Good luck finding a comfortable sleeping position tonight! 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11640
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:

Ouch - makes a change you breaking your own bones... :3

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    I've broken a couple of the years, once attempting to play basketball and once fun fighting with my son. It's interesting when you feel it 'moving' around, like when you're showering. Post the arse-kicking from my lad I had to crawl down the intake of an aircraft doing a weekend job and considered putting a stick between my teeth at one stage to control the pain.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    edited October 2016
    Well, I didn't expect anything other than ribald humour. Precisely what I'd have done.

It's a bit sore and superpain killers aren't a great idea as pain tells you not to do something...

I've popped an intercostal rib cartiledge before- this is a stroll by comparison. Small crack in T4.