Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Broken Rib.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3924
    Gassage said:

I've popped an intercostal rib cartiledge before- this is a stroll by comparison. Small crack in T4.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:

It's a bit sore and superpain killers aren't a great idea as pain tells you not to do something...

I remember having that noble attitude for a day or two, then I was on the Co-Codamols like a pigeon on a chip. Although it was hayfever season and every sneeze was an emergency!

I did mine in judo, don't think I went back after that.

Sympathy:- Get well soon!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I just remembered that I cracked or bruised them when I was skateboarding a year or so back, caught a cold the week before and had the sneezes. I thought about ending it all at one point. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7072
    tFB Trader
    I fell off a ladder last weekend, in agony I went to A&E, got the Co-codomol which worked well. Thought I was on the mend but woke at 2/3 this morning just as bad as a week ago. Luckily had a few painkillers left so much less sore this morning.

Also a bit deaf from a gig last night. Maybe I shouldn't have gone as standing up for so long can't have helped the back.

Gig tonight is seated so hope I'll be okay...
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6720
    It's happened to me twice. Both due to having low blood sugar... I have type 1 diabetes btw. 

First time was the morning before a recording session in New York. I was staying at the composer/drummer's appartment and had a low blood sugar incident. He found me in the morning and thought I was choking and gave me the Heimlich Maneuver and cracked a rib. I recovered from the low sugar and then started feeling really intense pain in my chest..... and then I had to record all day. Breathing was painful and I'm a pro clarinetist! Fucked me up big time. And you can hear my pain on the CD! 

The second time, I fell up the stairs after having gone downstairs to drink some fruit juice. Hurt like hell too and doesn't half disrupt playing. I fully symapthise. 
  • I fell off a ladder last weekend

Does anyone know at what age you change from "he fell" to "he Had A Fall"?
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom