NAD (It's here) - I've gone Katana!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17664
    tFB Trader
    Can you get to the speaker connection on the Katana?

Wondering if I could hook the combo up to a cab if I wanted to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They do a head version? Quite pricey but a possible option?
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    Lightweight, great sounds, tonally obliterated the Blackstar ID60 next to it and gave the VOX Ac15 a fair going over too.  

That's interesting since the Blackstar ID (was it an ID:TVP? Dunno if they're a different model) sound miles better in all the video demos to me and the one I played was good. I'm tempted to give this amp a go some time as the days of playing my valve amp at home are sadly numbered and I dont believe a low powered one is a good solution. Didn't like the THR10 at all though, really bland sounding.
  • Pretty good - when you flick it from 100 or 50w, it can sound a little waspy but if you bring the channel volume up a little it fattens back out again.

It's nowhere near the Yamaha THR for ultra low volume tones IMO but perfectly usable.
    You are kidding right? 

Nope? What makes you say that?
    I was forced to play THR by the music school I taught at for a while, I detested them. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Pretty good - when you flick it from 100 or 50w, it can sound a little waspy but if you bring the channel volume up a little it fattens back out again.

It's nowhere near the Yamaha THR for ultra low volume tones IMO but perfectly usable.
    You are kidding right? 

I was forced to play THR by the music school I taught at for a while, I detested them. 
    Then we both like different things I guess...also it's based on what you consider sounding good at ULTRA low volumes, I think my definition is very different to most in that I'm talking 'can still hear the baby monitor' levels that would be drowned out by someone eating Doritos within three miles of earshot.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17664
    tFB Trader
    They do a head version? Quite pricey but a possible option?
    I definitely want the combo, but it would be useful to be able to plug it into a cab if I want more room filling power.

I take it the speaker is hard wired?

You are kidding right? 

Then we both like different things I guess...also it's based on what you consider sounding good at ULTRA low volumes, I think my definition is very different to most in that I'm talking 'can still hear the baby monitor' levels that would be drowned out by someone eating Doritos within three miles of earshot.
    I'm well aware that I have very different tastes to most on here, my idea of hell is a Lazy J or some such. 

And the reason I tried the katana was for 'below baby monitor' volumes  ;)

but it it would be a dull world indeed if we all liked the same amps.  
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • My idea of hell is a Lazy J or some such. 

Yep. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Pretty good - when you flick it from 100 or 50w, it can sound a little waspy but if you bring the channel volume up a little it fattens back out again.

You are kidding right? 

I'm well aware that I have very different tastes to most on here, my idea of hell is a Lazy J or some such. 

And the reason I tried the katana was for 'below baby monitor' volumes  ;)

It wouldn't, it would be right smart.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    @LooseMoose ; I gather you got rid of the Katana - Can I ask why?