Bargain JVM ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited November 2016
    so this slight mismatch is totally safe ? I was gonna use it at tomorrows gig with my DSL...but methinks it having the same speaker set up as the JVM and TSL122 means it to would have that very same mismatch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    The mismatch is safe - 5.33 ohms is well within the safe range for any 4-ohm amp.

The DSL is a little different because it has only one pair of jacks for 4 and 8 ohms so you can't do the second connection option, but it will be fine to run both the internal speakers and the cab from the 4/8 jacks with the switch set to 4… assuming the grounding switch in the 16-ohm jack isn't faulty! Which is a design fault with the amp. If it sounds good and consistent, it's fine. If it cuts out or wavers, stop and go back to using just the combo speakers at 16 ohms.

I checked the dimensions and it looks like the combos are 15mm wider than the cab, which is annoying but it should still be stable with them stacked up.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers for that...well i'll see how it sounds and if its not a good addition over the combo alone i'll punt it back on ebay... :)
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    ICBM said:
    andyoz said:
    I see that the specs lists one of the drivers as a 70w 'Celestion Heritage'.  Which one is it in particular as I thought the Heritages were lower powered.
    It's confusingly named - it's a Marshall-only speaker and nothing to do with the Celestion Heritage range. It seems to be similar or identical to a G12M-70 - it doesn't sound very good on its own, but does actually work well combined with the 'Vintage' which as you would expect is a V30, although possibly slightly different from the standard one.

That's a bit sneaky of them....the real Heritages are class
    edited November 2016
    For anyone with a JVM head they work well with a 425a 4 x 12 which don't fetch much due to the Vintage Modern association. They are actually fitted with lovely Greenback G12C from the ££££... Ltd Edition Hendrix stack
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    andyoz said:

That's a bit sneaky of them....the real Heritages are class
    To be fair, I think they started doing them before Celestion released the Heritage series.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    Nice score @siraxeman. I had my fourth (if memory serves me well) jvm delivered last week and having tried plenty of alternatives between one and another I can now easily say it's MY amp. Even asked me missus to punch me in a face if I ever mention a new amp again. Think she'd do it with pleasure ;)
    Best cab I've used it with so far is a v30 loaded recto 2x12. It's a combination that makes the other guitarist in the band a little confused how come it outplays his 2.5k Diezel setup ;)
    Have you tried the Satch version? Whats your take on that one compared ? ...wanna by your Mesa back off me ? :lol:
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    edited November 2016
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/87576/sorted-marshall-jvm-410h#latest

Lol yeah I'd buy it back...if it was a bit lighter! Wouldn't mind a small and low wattage tube combo for pub jams etc.
    ...ah yeah, I will have read that before, but slept since! Memory of a goldfish n all that....

and 2 weeks passed and still no amp has come. Dispute case opened on ebay...still want it but not sure I'm gonna get it. At least come the 25th the money that left my account today will be refunded.......

Ah bummer.  Could you stretch to a JS head next time?  Can be had for £600-650.
    see what happens....not holding my breath on this ever arriving. He initially answered 1 email about 4 or 5 days after the auction ended...then said he was abroad and would post it out to me Monday - its now Friday and I've heard nothing despite asking for an update and tracking info....last 2 gigs been using my DSL 2x12 combo and a 1922 cab and loving the sound...might yet end up just sticking with that.

ebay/paypal case dispute = refunded today, and neg feedback just left him for wasting my time and being a bad seller. Now...the JVM search continues.......

• EardsEards Frets: 10
    I'm about to sell a jvm 210c. Been gigged so not spotless but serviced and never let me down. Asking for £ 470. 
    edited November 2016
    I might be....where are you? ...oh I just looked...Nottingham. how much? Just seen one appear on eBay local'ish...Bolton.  
    What you reckon a minter JVM 210C is worth guys ? I got an offer of one @ £450....same price I paid for the 410C I never ended up getting..