Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Winter in England?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5022
    edited November 2016
    Winter is great for laughing at people talking about how cold it is and wearing huge coats when it's almost 10°c.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There's a bitter wind up here. I think I need a winter coat. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDavies said:
    I wouldn't mind if we had a proper winter here in the South - I love it when it snows.  
    But you know full well that the next six months will be 7' Celsius and constant drizzle.  

I'd like to move somewhere that has harsh winters and hot and sunny summers...... any ideas?
    Madrid's not bad for that, maybe a bit too hot. Somewhere like Oviedo in the North of Spain is lovely, and I think summers would be more what we Brits can tolerate.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited November 2016
    Not having to cut the lawn for 5 months, even the weeds stop growing!
    Able to use my mountain bike lights at a sensible hour.
    Not having to wash the car - a pointless exercise in the winter (a pointless exercise at any time of year for that matter).
    More time to practice playing guitar.
    Christmas and the 3 free days off.
     Looking forward to summer.
    Oh yeah, and no people knocking on my front door selling me religion, double glazing, repaving of my driveway, a plastic lawn, etc.
    Oh yeah yeah, no annoying kids playing outside, hoofing their football into my back garden.
    Finally, laughing at the neighbours who've had their (slightly sloping) drives block paved trying to reverse out on the first icy morning.  

• I forgot a bad thing about Winter, at least in Newport. We pay the same, probably more, council tax than ever before, yet the council think it's OK to stop the garden bin collections between very soon indeed and sometime in April. Feckwits, the Winter is when I can be arsed to cut everything back and pull up big weeds.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    Spring is my favourite. Full of optimism and hope. Winter is just this horrible dark depressing passage at the end of the year. everybody thinks they can drive on the show and even just a smattering sends people off iinto a panic buying frenzy. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.