Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Worst book to film adaptations

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    DrJazzTap said:

I would say Jurassic Park is a fairly faithful recreation of the book. (minus the raptors slicing a young girls chest open at the start of the book).
     dont know about that. there is a lot more content in the book. what about the t-rex chasing them down the river on the raft, and the young raptors making it onto the boat outside of jurassic park - a big sub-plot of the book. the bird cage scene with the pterodactyls in jurassic park 3 is also taken from the original book.
    didnt hammond die at the end of the book as well? I should re-read it. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fob said:
    Dune
    I actually like Dune the movie
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTap said:
    didnt hammond die at the end of the book as well? I should re-read it. 
    I cant remember, but there is some taming down for the film. like when nedry gets killed by the spittting dinosaur, in the book it rips his intestines out and then crushes his head. also there is a human leg found on the road at one point.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    fob said:
    Dune
    But, but, but........

STING!!!!!!!!!  :#
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5022
    boogieman said:
    fob said:
    Dune
    But, but, but........

STING!!!!!!!!!  :#
    Sting is perfect. I mean, who doesn't enjoy seeing him get killed? I bet Summers and Copeland have gifs of that saved. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    DrJazzTap said:
    boogieman said:

Pretty much most Stephen King stuff hasnt adapted so well 
    I'd say some, not most. The Shining, Shawshank Redemption, Stand By Me, Green Mile, Christine, the original Carrie? All well done adaptations. Shawshank and The Shining are superb  films. 
    Didn't Stephen King hate the film version of the shining? 

It's one of the best SK film adaptations, no idea why King himself hates it. Jack Nicholson is pretty much spot on how I imagined Jack Torrance. The whole atmosphere in the hotel is really well done too