Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Need a small practice amp for my six year old daughter to learn on, recomendations please?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3578
    I'd love to but its a bit too much money for me at the moment, that's the head and cab?.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:
    I'd love to but its a bit too much money for me at the moment, that's the head and cab?.

Yes, you can't buy your Daughter some horrible Solid State or Digital nonsense. We all know Valve has all the tonez. 

• +1 for the DA5.  Much preferred mine to the THR5 I had.  You can pick them up quite cheap.

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    Blackstar fly 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3578
    Ive been hearing good things about Orange amps, the 12 or 15R, anyone tried any of these?

Ive also read good things about the Vox  Pathfinder 15R but these don't seem to come up very often. 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7928
    The DA5 is hugely versatile.  My favourite setting for sleeping kids is the highest gain settings, with a touch of delay, with the volume wound right back to bare minimum. Its a great way to get that Vox or Fender breakup tone at low volume. 

I've got much boutique point to point finery in my amp collection, but my little DA5 has (and will) survived every cull. 

M :)