Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

First marmite is up by 12%, and now this. Humans are crap

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24657
    DefaultM said:
    I assumed this was a photoshop?
    Nope.

It's real.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5022
    Wasn't it Mondelez that ruined the Creme Egg as well?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And here is the one already planned for after A50 is triggered

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    ICBM said:
    What idiot decided that? If they had to put the price up, they should just have put it up. It's not like anyone is going to starve because they can't afford Toblerone.

I hope the packets are easily identifiable from the outside, because I won't be buying one - and if you can't tell then the only solution is not to buy any.
    Yes you can tell.

The cardboard is really thin so you can feel the gaps between the peaks of heaven.
    If it's too big a gap, say no.

I will be honest, Brexit hasn't touched my life until now.

NOW i'm pissed.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I just love the UK spirit.

It's US election day, but we don't care because they fucked around with Toblerone.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    I just love the UK spirit.

It's US election day, but we don't care because they fucked around with Toblerone.

NOBODY fucks with The Toblerone  :o  =)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    Haha - the first commercially available Chocolate Domestic Appliance - the Chocolate Toast Rack!!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cirrus said:
    I can't help but wonder how petty the person is who decided this. "No. We won't raise the price slightly in the UK. We will make the bar look preposterous to punish Britain."
    Petty yes. And yet I'm slightly admiring them.

threats of war or famine or destruction are loud and vulgar - they are american insults. This is far more subtle.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2482
    This really smacks of viral marketing. I strongly suspect that Toblerone will make a Press release later in the week, saying "we've reacted to unprecendented consumer demand and NOT changed the bar*" at the same time as having their product advertised for free in the national press for a few days.

*they will of course increase the price...
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11354
    You've not been using the internet for long, have you?

What is needed is some decent legislation that requires significant notification on the packaging that the size of the product offered for sale is smaller than that previously on offer.

And whilst they're at it, anything along the lines of "improved recipe" or "great new taste" must be accompanied by the statement "we apologise for having previously sold you tasteless crap, here's a 50% off voucher".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23129

What is it with this obsession with reducing the size/weight of chocolate bars anyway?  Family size tins of Quality Street which are gone within an hour.  Just keep it the same size and put the price up, we'll be getting used to the concept of inflation again soon anyway, when Brexit kicks in.

I don't even eat Toblerone and I'm furious about this, is there a petition anywhere?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72668
    FX_Munkee said:
    This really smacks of viral marketing. I strongly suspect that Toblerone will make a Press release later in the week, saying "we've reacted to unprecendented consumer demand and NOT changed the bar*" at the same time as having their product advertised for free in the national press for a few days.

*they will of course increase the price…
    Possibly this.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• scrumhalf said:
    You've not been using the internet for long, have you?

What is needed is some decent legislation that requires significant notification on the packaging that the size of the product offered for sale is smaller than that previously on offer.

And whilst they're at it, anything along the lines of "improved recipe" or "great new taste" must be accompanied by the statement "we apologise for having previously sold you tasteless crap, here's a 50% off voucher".
    You don't know me very well, do you?

I was joking, hence the  =) smiley. But thanks for being an internet pedant. I've been on the internet long enough to spot pedantry too ;)

Actually, just so  you REALLY know I'm joking here's another =)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    These claims need a degree of triangulation before I'm prepared to believe them.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like to ponder on how different the infamous Marianne Faithful story would have been, had it not been a Mars but a Toblerone...

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341
    edited November 2016
    I like to ponder on how different the infamous Marianne Faithful story would have been, had it not been a Mars but a Toblerone...
    She definitely wouldn't get much 'satisfaction' from a modern day Mars bar,judging by the size of them.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9741
    You don't think she went for the fun-size bar then?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11354
    HAL9000 said:
    You don't think she went for the fun-size bar then?
    All chocolate is fun-size. That's the point of chocolate. It's the amount of fun that's the thing.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Mondelez are a typical US corporation that lie through their teeth .. cocoa prices are at a three year low and falling. The company has its own growers that effectively use children as  slave labour to harvest the cocoa crop. Stop the Traffik, a charity that aims to stop human trafficking - ran a campaign titled "When Will Toblerone Be Traffik-Free?"

They are just interested in squeezing more profit out of hapless customers.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/cocoa-prices-reach-threeyear-low-20161107-01119

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom