Aren't some transactions strange...

What's Hot
Sold my 63 Vox Blues today, got them set up in the man cave to show the guy, but when he arrived ( 2 hrs late) he just said, count the cash and Ill get off,  I said it will only take a second, Id rather you see them working, but no....so I just handed them over and took a few hundred cash from him.....is that odd?

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28735
    It strikes me as odd when people don't want to check the thing works and have a look over it. Even more so when they don't want to count the money if I'm buying something. I want them to count the money. That way we both know it's all there.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Maybe running late... Or not telling other half so needed to be quick :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had exactly the same, albeit selling a guitar rather than an amp. Not even a single strum, just handed over the cash and left.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing just now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • Isn't that how most of the transactions in the classifieds, ebay and gumtree work though? Pay by Paypal or bank transfer and wait for it to turn up, untested.

Meself, I'd at least have a cursory strum if it was an in-person sale. But some might be more self-conscious, perhaps that was it?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    spark240 said:
    Sold my 63 Vox Blues today, got them set up in the man cave to show the guy, but when he arrived ( 2 hrs late) he just said, count the cash and Ill get off,  I said it will only take a second, Id rather you see them working, but no....so I just handed them over and took a few hundred cash from him.....is that odd?
    It might be he just didn't like the look of you. He's probably on another forum talking about some nutter he managed to get away from ;)

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    It strikes me as odd when people don't want to check the thing works and have a look over it. Even more so when they don't want to count the money if I'm buying something. I want them to count the money. That way we both know it's all there.
    Yep. I don't care whether the other guy is bothered about counting the money- I am, regardless of whether I'm buying or selling. If you count it while you're both there you can resolve innocent mistakes quickly and easily and never wonder whether you ended up £20 light because the other guy couldn't count, or because he was a bastard.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.