Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Foreign cab dilemma- what would you have done here?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    octatonic said:
    I did wonder if this was 'normal for Rome'- most cars seem to have some sort of damage on them, the streets are narrow etc.
    "Every single car in Rome is a small, grey, dented hatchback."

- Jeremy Clarkson
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    It's just a different culture really. I'll never forget the first time I drove in Italy - only a year past my test, first time in a LHD car let alone driving on the right, straight out the airport and onto the ring road around Rome. Felt like I was going to die. This was also just before google maps caught on so we were navigating with printed directions. There were roadworks at a major junction and we inadvertently ended up driving into the city  :o  (we were trying to get to a villa in the hills). For the following hour I think I was in the same place the Event Horizon went to when it vanished into another dimension of pure evil. It was like a bad acid trip, the only bit I remember clearly is being in the middle lane of five at a four way intersection with 6 lanes of oncoming traffic coming STRAIGHT AT ME. This was normal, apparently, and everyone was happily beeping at everyone else.

Fast forward 8 years and this summer we played a few gigs out there in the hills near Modena. It was incredible. There was one evening we played a country restaurant/bar on a corner and people were just abandoning their cars in front of it - the first people to park were totally blocked in by a scrum of cars about 4 deep, and any time someone wanted to leave half the restaurant had to go outside to shuffle their cars about. To us it was mayhem, to them it's just normal.

So I wouldn't presume to judge the smart car thing. It's just different, and it wasn't really anything to do with you anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Sorry I read the thread title and assumed it was about whether to match a Marshall 4x12 with a Mesa head or something.
  • When in Rome.
    www.theflyingacesband.com