Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wanted: The impossible?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @zepp76 good luck with your search mate. 

I'm really looking forward to getting my Power Booster. I was messing about with the TD-X last night and it gets lovely boost tones, but there's a very small window on the gain control where you can dial a clean tone. With the Power Booster, what I love about it is that range is much wider and it delivers a really warm clean boost that is synonymous with a certain someone many of us love and try our best (and mostly fail) to emulate! :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Sounds like you want a slightly rough-sounding compressor - not obviously overdriven, but not 'studio clean' either.

MXR Dyna Comp - don't set the sensitivity too high or it will start to sound squashy. Or a Boss CS-2 if you want a bit more control - there's a reason both of these are on a lot of rock star's pedalboards even today.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76 said:
    I've just checked out the Ethos Overdive on YouTube, man what a pedal! I checked it out after seeing it for sale in @wellsyboy  ad in the classifieds. It's a shame it's well out of my budget though, the clean boost channel is sublime.
    It's more a preamp than a clean boost
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    wellsyboy said:
    zepp76 said:
    I've just checked out the Ethos Overdive on YouTube, man what a pedal! I checked it out after seeing it for sale in @wellsyboy  ad in the classifieds. It's a shame it's well out of my budget though, the clean boost channel is sublime.
     Either way it sounds great! I know you were after a Muffroom cloud, I have one but just can't bring myself to part with it otherwise we could have come to a deal. Christmas shopping has pretty much crippled my pedal fund for this year now, I'll see what I can do though.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6083
    Graphic eq

Does anyone remember when these were really commonplace on boards? I still miss mine, a ge7, but it hissed too much and this was before I knew it could be modded. 

Danelectro Fish 'n Chips will do the job, quieter than the Boss.
  • zepp76 said:
    wellsyboy said:
    zepp76 said:
     Either way it sounds great! I know you were after a Muffroom cloud, I have one but just can't bring myself to part with it otherwise we could have come to a deal. Christmas shopping has pretty much crippled my pedal fund for this year now, I'll see what I can do though.
    Yeah, Christmas is a bitch!
    That pedal show have released quite a good show on clean sounds, it doesn't help me in my quest but it's good all the same.

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    So you'd just like to make your guitar louder? The MXR Micro Amp is good for this.
    timhulio said:
    So you'd just like to make your guitar louder? The MXR Micro Amp is good for this.
    Yes, it's as simple as that.   :s

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    edited November 2016 tFB Trader
    Good-o. Problem solved.  :)

For a clean boost that's actually clean, the Micro Amp is an easy and affordable choice.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited November 2016
    BBE Boosta Grand.  In the effects loop it will provide a completely clean boost with a slightly fattened tone (kind of like a mid-boost) - your tone will be clean, but with more 'balls'. In front of the amp, it will provide a volume boost but also some gain like a warm, mild overdrive.  An EQ pedal will also be clean in the FX loop and add gain in front of the amp as you raise the 'level'.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)