Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Strymon Riverside

What's Hot

Comments

• Glad you liked it fella, thats a lovely board!!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Interesting

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think I'm gonna have to try one of these...
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    That board's like a greatest hits of drive pedals.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2231
    edited December 2016
    You can use an external favourite switch as a boost as well. If you don't use fuzz, dirt-wise you could pretty much do a whole gig with just the Riverside.
  • I think I'm gonna have to try one of these...
    Sorry, mate, this can't be helping anyone's GASeousness.
  • You can use an external favourite switch as a boost as well. If you don't use fuzz, dirt-wise you could pretty much do a whole gig with just the Riverside.
    I can also easily do a whole Gig without it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • You can use an external favourite switch as a boost as well. If you don't use fuzz, dirt-wise you could pretty much do a whole gig with just the Riverside.
    Because Double Decker and Helix?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Home use tools for me :) all my giging  dirt needs covered by the rather wonderful brunetti pleximan :) also trying to talk myself out of gas!

I must admit I'd like to hear one of these in the flesh.  The strymon stuff I've used has been very good. Is this a 100% digital pedal?
    Home use tools for me :) all my giging  dirt needs covered by the rather wonderful brunetti pleximan :) also trying to talk myself out of gas!

I must admit I'd like to hear one of these in the flesh.  The strymon stuff I've used has been very good. Is this a 100% digital pedal?
    No, it's very much a hybrid, it has analogue gain stages and a DSP.
  • Interesting. Question is: are you keeping or returning?
  • Interesting. Question is: are you keeping or returning?
    I'm pretty sure I'm keeping it. It's very very versatile, sounds good and works very well with my amp. Keeping the Friedman OD for higher gain and the Fairfield comp. The ideal for me was Fender cleans and Marshally distortion, and I've the latter in both pedals, plus a Klon or TS style OD in the Strymon.
  • LuminousLuminous Frets: 210
    Christ that was boring...I gave up watching before I heard the thing
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that the Strymon stuff often appears 'mainstream', but are often much more versatile and creative...

I owned the Deco, and the OD section of that is very very good indeed; the whole pedal is underrated, and most of the YT vids sound cack too..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So tempted by a Deco. Ive got just about every other Strymon :-/
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I'm still yet to try a Strymon. I am worried at the prospect of falling in love and spending a small fortune. The timeline sounds spectacular in all the demos I've heard. 

Not sure I could spend Strymon monies on a dirt box though
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that the Strymon stuff often appears 'mainstream', but are often much more versatile and creative...

I owned the Deco, and the OD section of that is very very good indeed; the whole pedal is underrated, and most of the YT vids sound cack too..
    I think that the fact that the Riverside has a DSP might put people off and think that their dealing with a digital dirt pedal. This is very much a hybrid, it has analogue gain stages, and works with your amp. You can hear every movement of your hands on the fretboard so clearly, it's so articulate and responsive. Rather than being a straight MIAB (though you can dial that sound in) it works with your amp. If you have an amp you love, which I have, the Riverside brings out your amp's characteristics so well. The demos do not do this thing justice.

Also, it has a LOT of gain on tap, it can get very roary and Ratty (though it's so much more articulate and less compressed than a Rat). It doesn't have as much gain as the Friedman OD (which is why I'm keeping it), but it covers clean boost, various OD tones, medium gain and Rattish punk so well. And with the favourite switch (and the facility to add an external switchable boost of +6dB), it was a no-brainer. It's bumped the Tumnus and the Kilt off the board, so they're now both up for sale. 

The Riverside is staying.
  • I'm still yet to try a Strymon. I am worried at the prospect of falling in love and spending a small fortune. The timeline sounds spectacular in all the demos I've heard. 

Not sure I could spend Strymon monies on a dirt box though
    You are right to worry. I have spent a fortune on these things. Totally worth it though.
  • Luminous said:
    Christ that was boring...I gave up watching before I heard the thing
    The demo is incredibly dull. Does not do this pedal justice at all.
  • How long has Heisenberg been working for Strymon?