[COMPLETE] Rosewood necked walnut and maple topped tele :)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    The more I see this, the more I want it :)  I can't wait to hear some demos :)
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    This is a super cool guitar, I like it very much.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1777
    That's gorgeous and really nicely unique
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Thanks @paulnb57 @nick_s @axisus @BigMonka - Really happy with how this is coming together, if it sounds half as good as it looks and feels, I'll be over the moon! - I think I'll also be troubling @GSPBASSES again too :D 

Doing work on this guitar I've not done before has really helped too, feel like I've learnt a lot more doing this, (including things not to do again :D ) now a bit less scared of tackling some of the jobs on my other guitars :) 

Fingers crossed the pickups arrive today, might even be able to get it wired up tonight if so!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Arrggghhhh!

pickups arrived, but either Bareknuckle have a wider footprint for the pickup legs or the humbucker route is a tiny bit too small (probably only 2-4mm total). 

Not impossible to solve, but means I can't get it all sorted tonight as I won't be able to make the noise required to solve, unless I can file off enough of the sides of the pickup legs
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27603
    That oil really brings out the beauty of the walnut, but it also shows the flame in the maple that I couldn't see at all before you oiled it.

Beautiful set of woods.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Thanks @TTony I was pleasantly surprised too :)

'Crisis' averted re the bridge pickup, using a bastard file (an actual bastard, rather than my description) and a slight tweak with some pliers and we are on!

Holes drilled for the P90 and pickup ring, wiring to commence after dinner!

https://i.imgur.com/rENZFmbh.jpg

:D 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Are we there yet?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Funny you should ask @paulnb57  - it's assembled! 

Had a bit of a panic trying to test it earlier, took me so long to get it ready, that it was then too late to go and tune/intonate and play through the Kemper, used my iPhone with the old iRig and all you could hear was buzzing! Ripped the cover off, couldn't find a thing wrong. Turns out iRig and a capharging iPhone don't mix! 

Pickups sound great so far, will know more when I play it through the Kemper :)

Last pics before I take some proper ones, hoping to do that Saturday morning, will see if I can squeeze it in. 

https://i.imgur.com/tcsDzKo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/H5fqFFc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bNbORm3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VuFv7AG.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Thats really very nice Dave, I like everything about it,  that headstock signature really pops, stunning work, beware though, its addictive!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Beautiful job Dave, Can i ask who/how the headstock logo was done?
    God bless this kitchen said the knick knack chef
    Beautiful job Dave, Can i ask who/how the headstock logo was done?
    Hi @Elvis_Penberthy ;

I drew my signature, sent it to Rotko and Frost to generate some artwork, once they'd done it, I posted the neck off for the pocket to be CNC'd and the logo to be cut!

When it came back, I glue in the logo and sanded it flat.

Hope that helps!
  • nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    Absolutely stunning now it's finished, bet you're made up fella :)
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
    nick_s said:
    Absolutely stunning now it's finished, bet you're made up fella :)
    Cheers @nick_s very happy! Managed to get 15 mins to myself today, pickup combination works really well. I'll try and sort out some sound clips in the new year :) 
    Managed to get a bit of time today, put together a demo against some backing tracks - AC/DC, RHCP and Chic! :)

Dodgy playing is as always, included for free
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    That looks fantastic! 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.