A-level results?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I think I'm trying to collect them, although I will never be able to beat holnrew the Facepalm king.
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I did AS levels, not very well, (C Biology, E Chemistry, E Comms studies, failed maths), quit for a year and went back for an AVCE in business, for which I got BC (equiv to two A levels), but I failed two units due to other people being shit, could got at least one A otherwise.

Nevermind. I'm doing engineering with the OU at the moment, struggling at the whole self starting thing tbh.
    My V key is broken
  • I did well in my A Levels but really struggled through Uni and ended up drifting for ages. My current job is only through coincidence and knowing the right person at the right time.

I'm always envious of people with a set career in mind and a clear path, but moreover of people with the drive to see it through.

God, I suck...

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    edited August 2013
    I did well in my A Levels but really struggled through Uni and ended up drifting for ages. My current job is only through coincidence and knowing the right person at the right time.
    Sounds familiar...

I did well in my A Levels but flunked Uni completely and ended up working as a lab technician for ages. My current job is only though not having any proper qualifications at anything and just falling back on what I can do to scrape by.

I'm not envious of people with a set career path, but I am of people with more drive than I have, sometimes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited August 2013
    heh - I can spell END with my A levels. ;)

I also got 3 GCSEs first time around. (between 3 sets of resits I've got 18 GCSEs - most below C)

I dropped out of UNI in the second year. (which I got into by virtue of positive discrimination - they thought I had a girl's name)

and took 3 attempts to pass my driving test.

If anyone's kids are going through a bad patch cos of exam grades, please point them to this post: I'm self employed and have earned six figures for about a decade now; before that I lived by one rule - earn more £k per year than my age... it took 2 years after leaving uni to reach that goal.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Daughter just got an A star in Spanish. But since it is what we speak at home it was easy for her. GCSEs on the 22nd so still nervous. She's predicted 2as and the rest a stars. I got ABCC and one Level. And was dumb enough to suffer 4 years of chemistry at uni. Got so bored with it I spent all my time learning French and Spanish and ended up with a Desmond (2:2)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15574
    I got kicked out of kindergarden and never even learnt to speak my own name let alone spell it. I earn 3 times the whole world's GDP each month and have a 10 foot long cock.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    VimFuego said:
    I got kicked out of kindergarden and never even learnt to speak my own name let alone spell it. I earn 3 times the whole world's GDP each month and have a 10 foot long cock.
    We've been thorugh this before, Vim, it's a 10 foot long rooster ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15574
    still crows at 4 in the morning and pisses off the neighbours.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    32 yrs ago for me-Biology, Geology and Geography and I thought I was going to be a geologist, well, more specifically, a palaeontologist but I discovered the guitar at 17 and swapped trilobites for stratocasters!!
    @Bucket - what did you get Connor and all the best with the guitar course too.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    I did mine 21 years ago. Blimey.

I got ABC which I thought was nice. Better than ABB or ABD, obviously.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."