Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone watching the X factor?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
I'm not, but I watched some early auditions. There was one utterly shite act, some woman rapping by the name of Honey G. Having just had the mummy film on in the background whilst faffing with the iPad, it finished and the X factor came on. To my utter shock and disbelief the Honey G thing is still in the competition??? What the F??? How can such drivel still be there? Anyway, switched it off.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2411
    The auditions were good and some really talented singers got through to judges houses; however, for some bizarre reason the judges chose a bunch of shit acts, e.g. Honey G, and sent the really good ones home. Watched the first week and didn't tune in after that. There's no one worth tuning in for. You did right turning it off.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16716
    Because of ratings innit.

people will vote to keep her in to keep it entertaining. they then apply that same reasoning to important votes which affect all of our futures ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24355
    Brexit
    Trump
    Honey G

She will win.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:

people will vote to keep her in to keep it entertaining. they then apply that same reasoning to important votes which affect all of our futures ;)
    I was lamenting to some colleagues that they might as well make elections phone in votes these days.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    Exactly. I've not watched it since the first one.

Apparently Sharon Osbourne was 'drunk and swore' last night?? The BBC had it as a news story....a stunt for more viewers I think. Needs to be consigned to the bin forthwith IMO. 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited November 2016
    That Honey G thing freaks me out. I believe she looks like celebrity convicted peado Jonathan King.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • She reminds me of the Nanny with the broken arm from 'Count Duckula'

yes, you know who i mean.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    The show is pretty much a joke, and I think the people behind the show, and the presenters/judges know it. It jsut looks increasingly more irrelevant each week.

I think its finished once ITV start with The Voice next year. Quite enjoyed that show.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • miserneil said:
    WezV said:

Apparently Sharon Osbourne was 'drunk and swore' last night?? The BBC had it as a news story....a stunt for more viewers I think. Needs to be consigned to the bin forthwith IMO. 
    My wife watches it and she's mentioned a few times that Sharon O looks wasted this series. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    miserneil said:
    WezV said:

My wife watches it and she's mentioned a few times that Sharon O looks wasted this series. 

Living proof that class A's and botox are uncomfortable bedfellows 

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• I'm glad Planet Earth II is getting more views.
  • Brexit
    Trump
    Honey G

She will win.
    holy nostradamus fretmeister - you're probably right!  

i have recently switched off from the xfactor and deleted the app because of all the reasons above. 
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited November 2016
    The reason they got through is because the producers think they have the "x-factor". The clue is in the title of the program

The mistake you're making is thinking it is a singing competition based on singing ability and talent. It isnt, and never has been. I'm surprised people are still shocked by this. It is a very tired old predictable program that has been on TV for way too long. Absolute crap TV.

Calling it 'the x-factor' instead of 'pop idol' gives them more artistic license to ditch the likes of "Fat Rick" Waller and Javine Hilton (google them) earlier in the process because they just dont look right, even though they are better singers than the ones who eventually win.

I guess by writing this forum post you have answered your own question really. The people with the "x-factor" are the ones that are most likely to get written about and talked about, and make people more likely to watch.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    Plus there needs to be a certain amount of cannon-fodder to be got shut of week-by-week.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    Rick Waller tried it on with my old flat mate. She was not impressed.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That Honey G thing freaks me out. I believe she looks like celebrity convicted peado Jonathan King.
    What is it with you and paedos?  

But yes, Honey G is hilariously bad, which is why she's being kept in I'm sure.  It must feel bad if you're a singer and you put in a lot of effort and then Honey G comes along and raps absolute rubbish and gets through.  
  • @bingefeller , I just don't trust 'em. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @bingefeller , I just don't trust 'em. 
    lol OK man, fair enough.

I think Honey G looks like David Cameron to be honest. I remember when she first came on X Factor I thought "this has to be a gimmick" and I searched for her online and found that she had a proper Facebook profile and G+ profiles with old pictures of her, so her story seems to check out.  She has a recently registered website, which would suggest a marketing gimmick.  
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920

It's not like she's even any good at it - always miles behind the beat, from the (mercifully few) times I've been unfortunate enough to be subjected to it.

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    I long since realised that Simon Cowell has been trolling the viewers for years and they fall for it every time.No such thing as bad publicity and all that,while he sits back and watches the cash roll in.It's about as much about singing talent as Top Gear is about cars.I agree it's a bit shit for the genuinely talented ones who end up leaving the show while Honey Monster stays in but they still get their fifteen minutes of fame to promote themselves. Everyone's a winner.I just choose to not watch it because it's shit.
    Laugh, love, live, learn.