Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone watching the X factor?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I long since realised that Simon Cowell has been trolling the viewers for years and they fall for it every time.No such thing as bad publicity and all that,while he sits back and watches the cash roll in.It's about as much about singing talent as Top Gear is about cars.I agree it's a bit shit for the genuinely talented ones who end up leaving the show while Honey Monster stays in but they still get their fifteen minutes of fame to promote themselves. Everyone's a winner.I just choose to not watch it because it's shit.
    I just don't think it's fair to have someone so obviously shit in the show when the others are actually trying.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    I long since realised that Simon Cowell has been trolling the viewers for years and they fall for it every time.No such thing as bad publicity and all that,while he sits back and watches the cash roll in.It's about as much about singing talent as Top Gear is about cars.I agree it's a bit shit for the genuinely talented ones who end up leaving the show while Honey Monster stays in but they still get their fifteen minutes of fame to promote themselves. Everyone's a winner.I just choose to not watch it because it's shit.
    I just don't think it's fair to have someone so obviously shit in the show when the others are actually trying.  
    Totally agree.Unfortunately it's what the show has evolved into over the years.Hence why I no longer watch it.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    For me, the telling point that showed both Cowell and the show to be totally cynical was the year of Jedward. Cowell TOTALLY slated them at every opportunity as being rubbish and a joke, but then a moment came in the finals when he had to give the casting vote as to whether to keep in the talentless Jedward or some actual singer ...... he kept The Jeds in.
  • axisus said:
    For me, the telling point that showed both Cowell and the show to be totally cynical was the year of Jedward. Cowell TOTALLY slated them at every opportunity as being rubbish and a joke, but then a moment came in the finals when he had to give the casting vote as to whether to keep in the talentless Jedward or some actual singer ...... he kept The Jeds in.
    Oh god, remember Reggie and Bollie last year.?  Or Ottavio this year?  The whole show is making a mockery of pop music by putting through these shit acts.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22942
    axisus said:
    Oh god, remember Reggie and Bollie last year.?  Or Ottavio this year?  The whole show is making a mockery of pop music by putting through these shit acts.  
    Yes, but all the "good" acts are shit too.  They may have a modicum of talent, the ability to hold a tune, but they let themselves be put through this machine which strips away any originality, any genuine "X factor"  they may have had - although most have none - and turns them into bland, soulless, pointless "product".

But hey, I still watch it.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I watched it after a gig on Saturday and caught the results show on Sunday.   I thought it was quite telling that the 12 year old kids from school of rock sounded miles better than any of rhe contestants.   
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    when x factor comes on [waffie watches it], I go and do the washing up cos it's far more entertaining
    they're all so pitchy it grates
    play every note as if it were your first
  • I thought surely everybody knew the X Factor was a joke since it started? Just an extended advertising campaign for whoever they decide wins it, with any actual musical allusions purely coincidental? That kind of production line pop music is not about singers, it's about a marketable commodity and the TV element makes it even more so. Even when the contestants actually have an ok voice I've never seen any evidence whatsoever that they have any actual musical talent to speak of, just that their tone is OK and they can shove whatever cover song they want in front with the overly loud "big" sounding production on the backing and it'll sound "massive".

I honestly thought X Factor was already acknowledged as being a dinosaur. What's next, everybody getting shocked that the Strictly results show isn't filmed on a Sunday?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I thought surely everybody knew the X Factor was a joke since it started? Just an extended advertising campaign for whoever they decide wins it, with any actual musical allusions purely coincidental? That kind of production line pop music is not about singers, it's about a marketable commodity and the TV element makes it even more so. Even when the contestants actually have an ok voice I've never seen any evidence whatsoever that they have any actual musical talent to speak of, just that their tone is OK and they can shove whatever cover song they want in front with the overly loud "big" sounding production on the backing and it'll sound "massive".

I honestly thought X Factor was already acknowledged as being a dinosaur. What's next, everybody getting shocked that the Strictly results show isn't filmed on a Sunday?

The winner is irrelevant in my opinion. The show itself is the money maker, otherwise they would have ditched it years ago. I agree it is 'one big advert' like you say, but not necessarily for the winner. I havent watched it for years but do remember Cowell would cram in all his signed acts as performing guests etc, who coincidentally had albums or singles coming out for xmas. The likes of El-divo etc who nobody really cares about until they show up on x-factor.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Had to laugh out loud today. Gogglebox was on in the background whilst I'm using the iPad. Up comes the X factor with Honey G. Some old woman watching goes "what is she singing? I've never heard such shit in all my life". Did make me laff!
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock

• frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited November 2016
    I think it would genuinely be a good show if they made it a rule that all music must be original, rather than the same old shitty covers
    Must embrace the mental envelope. Super human skills with the super speciaL  Litttle wonder so many a2re turning to ISIS
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Anyone who thinks the X factor is anything to do with talent is delusional. It only exists for two reasons: to provide premium advertising slots to earn income for ITV and to fatten Cowell's bank balance.