Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Oh come on you guys Brian has a ...........................................

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28224

So if I understand correctly, the very very very first little ebook thingy, back in 2003 or so, I wrongfully copied/pasted someone else's "How to solder" guide in there. Ok, I'll accept that. I'm sorry.

Now, how do you want to let this go and move on from here?
    Hmm. You've still not apologised at any point for stealing my drawings and selling them to people. Once you've managed that, next you should apologise to everyone else whose content you stole, and to the people you charged for it.

Even Vertex did a better job of looking like he was sorry! :D
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

So if I understand correctly, the very very very first little ebook thingy, back in 2003 or so, I wrongfully copied/pasted someone else's "How to solder" guide in there. Ok, I'll accept that. I'm sorry.

Now, how do you want to let this go and move on from here?
    Hmm. You've still not apologised at any point for stealing my drawings and selling them to people. Once you've managed that, next you should apologise to everyone else whose content you stole, and to the people you charged for it.

Even Vertex did a better job of looking like he was sorry! :D

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Im excited about this amp, @WamplerPedals are fantastic. 

My plextortion is incredible.

Although do me a favour, make a small tube amp with an effects loop.
    Smaller than the Bravado? How many watts are you thinking?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Interesting concept. Seems a little overpriced for what it is, but then again what boutique amp isn't ... :-)

Couple of thoughts though ... the marketing speaks about it being "point to point" which I'm pretty sure it won't be. Probably turret board I'm guessing. 

If the the amp is designed to stay clean all the way up, I'd say that makes a pretty poor pedal platform. To me overdrive pedals sound best into an amp that's already got a touch of hair on the tone, drive pedals into a completely clean amp always sound too spiky and harsh. That's just my humble opinion though, I'm sure plenty would disagree. Also, Klon pedals generally sound awful into completely clean amps, they're designed to push an amp that's already cooking, so Wampler's own Tumnus pedal might not be the best pairing for this. 

Just my 2 cents.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Im excited about this amp, @WamplerPedals are fantastic. 

My plextortion is incredible.

Although do me a favour, make a small tube amp with an effects loop.
    Smaller than the Bravado? How many watts are you thinking?

A nice 10w combo would be the business...
  • Interesting concept. Seems a little overpriced for what it is, but then again what boutique amp isn't ... :-)

Couple of thoughts though ... the marketing speaks about it being "point to point" which I'm pretty sure it won't be. Probably turret board I'm guessing. 

If the the amp is designed to stay clean all the way up, I'd say that makes a pretty poor pedal platform. To me overdrive pedals sound best into an amp that's already got a touch of hair on the tone, drive pedals into a completely clean amp always sound too spiky and harsh. That's just my humble opinion though
    This. 1000000000 times this. The fargen townhouse 20 I had was awful because as you turned it up nothing happend. There was no interaction, no warmth or compression. You got more of the same just louder. Spiky and harsh are bang on the money and there is nothing you can do to help. 

My singleman 35 is different because even though it stays cleanish with the volume comes a little drive. It loves pedals. Makes them sing.
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited December 2016
    Why not have a hair switch?  Clean normally but for pedals click in a slight od? 

How hard could it be?