Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

FFS, millennials!

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24440
    I stake a claim to the chocolate digestive sandwich.  You must have salty butter on the bread.  It's the combo of salt and sweet that makes it - much like salted caramel.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12426
    boogieman said:
    On Gogglebox the other day the two northern sisters were making a sandwich. Chicken nuggets/potato waffle/ketchup between two slices of white bread. Dirty gits. 
    @boogieman , was it deep fried in batter?
    They're northern lasses, not Scottish.  :)
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Life is supposed to get harder at we are challenged by the young. I despair as well. You can even pull their chicks.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • This Jamie Oliver bloke thinks he's ahead of the game with his Fish Finger Sandwich!

Only a few hours ago, I created "Toast Under Cheese"

You cut some Cheese and then place the pre toasted and mildly buttered bread underneath it and grill to your liking. PM me for full instructions.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited November 2016
    This Jamie Oliver bloke thinks he's ahead of the game with his Fish Finger Sandwich!

You cut some Cheese and then place the pre toasted and mildly buttered bread underneath it and grill to your liking. PM me for full instructions.
    I haven't shared this with anyone until now, but you can even add tomato ketchup for "Ketchup Above Toast Under Cheese"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited November 2016

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16782
    This Jamie Oliver bloke thinks he's ahead of the game with his Fish Finger Sandwich!

I was watching a Jamie Oliver program the other day and he did a cheese toasty.  In fairness to him it looked pretty epic and I have adopted his fried cheese crown method since then
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    If you're really struggling with the complexities of constructing a fish finger sandwich, I think this was covered in one of James May's 'ManLab' programmes?
  • I'm still puzzled why us millenials are getting the blame for this when there are so many other better things to blame us for that actually are our fault
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389

Damned youthe of ye Feventeenth Century! Were I a boy againe, in ye idylle of mine Fixteenth Century childhoode!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985 said:

I haven't shared this with anyone until now, but you can even add tomato ketchup for "Ketchup Above Toast Under Cheese"

That's just showing off.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23104
    Call me a snob, but that fat-tongued, no-Michelin-stars mockney oik Jamie Oliver has even got a completely unnecessary recipe wrong.  It should have tartare sauce, not ketchup.  I'm glad he put the rocket in, though, even though he doesn't list it in the ingredients.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11346
    I'm coughing badly. Does anyone have the recipe for a glass of water?
  • Philly_Q said:
    ... no-Michelin-stars ...
    Wow. That's the meanest insult I've ever heard.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1282
    WezV said:
    My wife works with some  people who had apparently never heard of the concept of a fish finger sandwich and are convinced she invented it.

They now describe it as her thing, saying things like:

"I was at a pub the other day and they had done your thing with the fishfingers"
    "what, put them in a sandwich?"
    "yeah, that one.  I didn't order it"

but she does work with some very silly people!
    Knowing where you live @WezV ; (the town I grew up in btw), this doesn't surprise me at all. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16782
    Rowby1 said:
    WezV said:
    My wife works with some  people who had apparently never heard of the concept of a fish finger sandwich and are convinced she invented it.

"I was at a pub the other day and they had done your thing with the fishfingers"

Knowing where you live @WezV ; (the town I grew up in btw), this doesn't surprise me at all. 
    I thought most of the locals considered fried stuff in a sandwich as a local delicacy :)
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1282
    edited November 2016
    WezV said:
    Rowby1 said:
    WezV said:

Knowing where you live @WezV ;; (the town I grew up in btw), this doesn't surprise me at all. 
    I thought most of the locals considered fried stuff in a sandwich as a local delicacy
    That was certainly the way when I last lived there  :)  Mind you, 30 years is a long time in a culture that has to pass on its traditions verbally and that's what, 4 generations in that town!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931

Ketchup? You can stick it where the sun don't shine.  A  Fish Finger Sandwich needs VINEGAR!

• WezV said:
    Regardless off the recipe,  im more shocked that people haven't  heard of it! 
    Have they been living under a rock?  I couldn't imagine my younger days without fish finger or crisp sandwiches!  They are the two greatest sandwiches which ever lived...... 
    Regarding the ff sandwich it has to with soy sauce..... Mmmmm heaven. 
    i used to do fishcake sandwiches where i could cut a little circle out the top of the fishcake and pour a load of soy sauce in  before putting the crust back on and frying for another minute.  oddly, i have never tried soy sauce with fish finger

Now that is an idea I'm going to try! 
  • I'm still puzzled why us millenials are getting the blame for this when there are so many other better things to blame us for that actually are our fault
    Well actually the first and third posts explained that it's mongy twats in general that are being vilified in the OP.  However , being the atypical millennial you are, you could not read the first sentence of the first post and over reacted.

What are you going to do next, @thecolourbox? Get some bongos and start an occupy Handsome Chris movement? 

:P