Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

FFS, millennials!

What's Hot
Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
edited November 2016 in Off Topic
Actually that may be a bit unfair as this is about all mongy twats.  I have just seen a recipe for a fish finger sandwich!  How much hand-holding do people need these days?

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/fantastic-fish-finger-buttie/
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• To be fair, that's from a book published in 2002, so not actually a "millennials" thing at all :p 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited November 2016
    To be fair, that's from a book published in 2002, so not actually a "millennials" thing at all p 
    And that is why I wrote "Actually that may be a bit unfair as this is about all mongy twats". But thank you for taking part, you mongy twat. Lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • :D 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16825
    My wife works with some  people who had apparently never heard of the concept of a fish finger sandwich and are convinced she invented it.

They now describe it as her thing, saying things like:

"I was at a pub the other day and they had done your thing with the fishfingers"
    "what, put them in a sandwich?"
    "yeah, that one.  I didn't order it"

but she does work with some very silly people!
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2016
    @WezV , that's not a wow of sarcasm. Yet I am more surprised by the fact that I'm surprised.  

I can't think how fish finger sandwiches is actually a recipe that needs explaining beyond that of any other sandwich.

I am willing to be proven wrong.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27793
    I have just seen a recipe for a fish finger sandwich!
    Did you manage to get it right, and was it tasty??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    Also - 4 fish fingers is bullshit, 4 stacked vertically at the bottom, you can get a 5th horizontally on the top easily.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Gulliver said:
    Also - 4 fish fingers is bullshit, 4 stacked vertically at the bottom, you can get a 5th horizontally on the top easily.
    Take that, Jamie Oliver!  These are the cooking skill kids should be learning.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    I have just seen a recipe for a fish finger sandwich!
    Did you manage to get it right, and was it tasty??
    @TTonyIve been pretty much making sandwiches that way before Jamie Oliver came along with his fancy ideas.

BTW, for you kids out there, Jamie Oliver did not invent the sandwich, fish finger or otherwise.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12457
    On Gogglebox the other day the two northern sisters were making a sandwich. Chicken nuggets/potato waffle/ketchup between two slices of white bread. Dirty gits. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11392
    Gulliver said:
    Take that, Jamie Oliver!  These are the cooking skill kids should be learning.
    Jamie would never have four in a sarnie, let alone five, especially if it's at his restaurant.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    On Gogglebox the other day the two northern sisters were making a sandwich. Chicken nuggets/potato waffle/ketchup between two slices of white bread. Dirty gits. 
    @boogieman , was it deep fried in batter?
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3106
    edited November 2016
    boogieman said:

I'd like to try their sandwich - these things usually sound horrid but just work.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

edited November 2016
    boogieman said:

I'd like to try their sandwich - these things usually sound horrid but just work.

Yeah @mudslide73, I know what sandwich you'd like to try with a couple of sisters.

:P
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Regardless off the recipe,  im more shocked that people haven't  heard of it! 
    Have they been living under a rock?  I couldn't imagine my younger days without fish finger or crisp sandwiches!  They are the two greatest sandwiches which ever lived...... 
    Regarding the ff sandwich it has to with soy sauce..... Mmmmm heaven. 
  • How can you *not* know how to make a fish finger sammich???

:p 

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

Regardless off the recipe,  im more shocked that people haven't  heard of it! 
    Have they been living under a rock?  I couldn't imagine my younger days without fish finger or crisp sandwiches!  They are the two greatest sandwiches which ever lived...... 
    Regarding the ff sandwich it has to with soy sauce..... Mmmmm heaven. 
    i used to do fishcake sandwiches where i could cut a little circle out the top of the fishcake and pour a load of soy sauce in  before putting the crust back on and frying for another minute.  oddly, i have never tried soy sauce with fish finger
  • boogieman said:

Yeah @mudslide73, I know what sandwich you'd like to try with a couple of sisters.

:P

They're alright, they come out with some quite witty stuff. I'm not sure they'd go for an ageing chubster with a Midlands accent and a bad covers band tho :) @Handsome_Chris ;

@WezV , that's not a wow of sarcasm. Yet I am more surprised by the fact that I'm surprised.  

I can't think how fish finger sandwiches is actually a recipe that needs explaining beyond that of any other sandwich.

I am willing to be proven wrong.
    it would be fine if he was adding something to it or being very specific about certain elements of the classic fish finger sandwich. 

Must be fish fillet, preferably cod.  Must be bog standard sliced white. Must be buttered, etc....
  • Nice bit of mayo or tartare sauce... a classic. I had a gourmet version at the Green Man in Harborne - proper good it was. Home made tartare sauce and poncy seasoned chips.