Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gigging injuries.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Moss said:
    I once decapitated myself on a smashed bong wile playing lead guitar for van halen while my model girlfriend watched formt he side of the stage.
    DaLefty?
    The very definition of "an in joke".
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• I once dribbled on my guitar in the middle of a solo infront of about 300 people.  My pride was injured quite badly until at least the next song.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moss said:
    I once decapitated myself on a smashed bong wile playing lead guitar for van halen while my model girlfriend watched formt he side of the stage.
    DaLefty?

What even happened to DaLefty? He was there when I joined and now he seems to have disappeared. Did he go off in a strop or was he banned for some reason? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The most painful one was just before a gig. I was unlatching the catches on the side of a guitar case, when my Mrs (she was the bass player) slid another case over to me. Unfortunately, the floor was more slippery than she anticipated and the fingers on my left hand got one hell of a twatting as one case slammed into the other. Apart from *really* f**king hurting, I was sure I wouldn't be able to play the gig. The singer, who was an ambulance driver, suggested I put my hand under a cold tap for five minutes or so and it did a remarkable job of alleviating the pain and swelling. Worth remembering, if that ever happens to you.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I can't play guitars without an arm cut, too uncomfortable. :(

While restringing before my last show, I got turfed out of the miniscule "dressing room" so the band on before us could warm up. After scouring the venue, I ended up using a table football "pitch" as a workbench. Bending down to retrieve a fallen Allen key, I smacked my top lip off one of the protruding control rods. Ouch.

• Moss said:
    DaLefty?

What even happened to DaLefty? He was there when I joined and now he seems to have disappeared. Did he go off in a strop or was he banned for some reason? 
    Strop, as I recall, because nobody believed his stories.
    <space for hire>