Artisan 15

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Back to the original question, I'd second the choice of HT Dual with that amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    austint01 said:
    Cabicular said:
    I really must get ICBM to take a look at mine. It doesn't sound like that! The tone at noon would kill a grown man
    I've heard they're bright but so far its not been my experience. What guitar do you have going in?
    It's like that with any guitar
    Gretches, Les Pauls, Teles, strats etc
    With the tone at 0 and a very dark guitar it almost works in a band context
    im sure it's not normal 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639

If the amp seems abnormally bright it is just possibly that there is a wrong cap in the voicing network. This has happened once before TMK with an A30. Mind you, as I said they are supposed to have a Greenback in them.

The only real test is a response check by Blackstar but then it is extremely unlikely that both channels would be out of specc.

Dave.

• ToonToon Frets: 57
    I had one a few years back and it was pretty awesome with an OCD.
    If I had one today I'd be putting my Thorpyfx Gunshot in front of it and grinning all day I would imagine.

I am not young enough to know everything

• austint01austint01 Frets: 20
    edited December 2016
    Toon said:
    If I had one today I'd be putting my Thorpyfx Gunshot in front of it and grinning all day I would imagine.
    Just been having a listen. I think you're dead on with these 2 suggestions.

I watched a That Pedal Show recently that shows a Big Muff into a Twin and a Marshall 18W / Greenbacks. You almost can't believe its the same pedal. Going with some kind of scoopy pedal and the Artisan sounds about right I think.

Out of interest, do you know what kind of circuit the Calibre control on the gunshot blends in?

• ToonToon Frets: 57
    No idea on the calibre circuit question but Thorpyfx is on here - ask him. 
    That calibre control on the Gunshot is the secret weapon. It's amazing when blended with the gain

I am not young enough to know everything

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    austint01 said:
    Toon said:

I watched a That Pedal Show recently that shows a Big Muff into a Twin and a Marshall 18W / Greenbacks. You almost can't believe its the same pedal. Going with some kind of scoopy pedal and the Artisan sounds about right I think.

Out of interest, do you know what kind of circuit the Calibre control on the gunshot blends in?

It's a high decibel, clean boost with a frequency spectrum that is slightly scooped. That's why it blends well with the other part of the circuit which is more mid humped.

hope that helps? 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    austint01 said:
    Toon said:

It's a high decibel, clean boost with a frequency spectrum that is slightly scooped. That's why it blends well with the other part of the circuit which is more mid humped.

hope that helps? 
    @ThorpyFX ;It does thanks. I watched a few videos and can see this pedal could be quite amp agnostic.

Does it blend the gain stages together or run them in series? Is blending them part of the magic?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    austint01 said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    austint01 said:
    Toon said:

hope that helps? 
    @ThorpyFX ;;It does thanks. I watched a few videos and can see this pedal could be quite amp agnostic.

Does it blend the gain stages together or run them in series? Is blending them part of the magic?
    It runs them in series, and adjusting the amount of which is available to you gives you differing types of drive flavours until you hit upon the one (or many) that floats your boat. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com