Vox C1 C2?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    Are the AC15-C1 any good? Seems a cheaper alternative to the Fender Princetons also with trem and verb.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    JD50 said:
    Are the AC15-C1 any good? Seems a cheaper alternative to the Fender Princetons also with trem and verb.
    Very different-sounding to the Princeton, but yes they are good. If you want that really deep Fender reverb they don't have it though.

For some reason I much prefer them to the earlier AC15CC1, although I prefer the AC30CC to the AC30C. Not sure why!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    ICBM said:
    JD50 said:
    Very different-sounding to the Princeton, but yes they are good. If you want that really deep Fender reverb they don't have it though.

For some reason I much prefer them to the earlier AC15CC1, although I prefer the AC30CC to the AC30C. Not sure why!
    Hmm I never dial the fender reverbs much about 4. Any idea what a good secondhand price for a C1 against a Princeton?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    4 is a lot for reverb on a Fender :). It's not so much the level, more the sound of it - the Vox reverb is shallower-sounding.

I'd expect to get the non-Blue speaker version for about £350-400 second hand and the Blue one for about £500-550. The Princeton seems to go for about £650-700 for the '65 reissue and about £100 less for the '68.

At least from what I've seen in the shops...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein