Non paying Ebay buyers

What's Hot
I've been using Ebay since 2001 and never had a non paying bidder, just a couple of issues with items that were easily resolved.

My wife joined a couple of months ago as she is clearing out the loft of kids toys, old clothes and turning into cash on Ebay. She's had 3 non paying bidders already.

It's an irritating waste of time, send messages to buyer, after 4 or 5 days open Ebay non paying case wait further 4 days, close case report as non paying and relist.

What do these c*nts do this? Some of the items are less than £5 FFS. They should be publicly flogged and then burnt at the stake. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    If you tried to flog them online the winner of the bid wouldn't pay.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not as annoying as the buy-to-try crowd who decide they don't want the item after a week and claim its defective to get a refund. You then end up paying postage both ways + final value fee just to indulge their self-centred lack of personal ethics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not as annoying as the buy-to-try crowd who decide they don't want the item after a week and claim its defective to get a refund. You then end up paying postage both ways + final value fee just to indulge their self-centred lack of personal ethics.
    Agreed

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27689
     They should be publicly flogged. 

Your good lady could probably earn more doing that than selling old tat for a fiver a go.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
     They should be publicly flogged. 

Your good lady could probably earn more doing that than selling old tat for a fiver a go.
    ;)
    Old tat? Thsi is high quality previously owned merchandise! 

I'm get her some whips and leather S&M gear for Christmas and see what she says. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    Isn't there some kind of "non-payment" strike these retards get, if they win an auction or click BIN but don't actually pay up, if you go through the eBay dispute process etc for the required amount of time?
  • Think yourself lucky. It was only a few years ago you had to wait about a month before you could begin a non-paying bidder dispute. Thesedays you can launch it after about 3 days.

Personally I would not recommend selling items under £5 on ebay. Massive waste of time in my opinion, and as you are discovering, cheap stuff attracts all the idiots. Take them to a charity shop or do a car boot sale or something.

When you sell something for £5 you actually only get about £3 of that 'in your pocket', the rest goes on fees and postage & packaging costs, and thats if they are small items. Larger items you might even be making a loss just on your packaging costs.

Also consider your own time. Making £3 on something that takes you an hour or more to clean, photograph, edit your photographs, list on ebay, answer all the questions and postage quotes, then pack and arrange a courier, mess about printing labels off, it's going to be way less than a minimum wage job. Place a value on your own time (say £10 per hour), and if the time taken is going to come way under that then look for a quicker and easier way to offload them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom