Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Year in Gear - 2016

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Out:
    Ibanez RG421 - great to play, couldn't get past the looks, pickups a little hot
    Gibson 60s SG Jr - again, comfortable to play and super light. Always seemed too bright, almost obnoxious
    My latest parts Strat - I've owned so many strats, and they just don't inspire me at all, much as I want them to
    '73 SF Bandmaster Reverb - lovely amp, just needed the space!

In:
    1960 Framus Hollywood - been looking for one for ages. It's almost completely hollow and super light, unlike the reissues. This one has been bigsby'd and the aftermarket bridge needed a little work. The top one in the photo.

Also in, in that I've plucked it from its case and played it the most, a '73 Musima Elgita (not the one in the pic, that one needs a refret).

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    timhulio said:
    Out:
    Ibanez RG421 - great to play, couldn't get past the looks, pickups a little hot
    Gibson 60s SG Jr - again, comfortable to play and super light. Always seemed too bright, almost obnoxious
    My latest parts Strat - I've owned so many strats, and they just don't inspire me at all, much as I want them to
    '73 SF Bandmaster Reverb - lovely amp, just needed the space!

In:
    1960 Framus Hollywood - been looking for one for ages. It's almost completely hollow and super light, unlike the reissues. This one has been bigsby'd and the aftermarket bridge needed a little work. The top one in the photo.

Also in, in that I've plucked it from its case and played it the most, a '73 Musima Elgita (not the one in the pic, that one needs a refret).

You got rid of a '60's SG Jr and bought that Framus? Hhhhmmm, I'm now suspicious of your character.

Each to there own though......................

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1283
    Pretty stable year for me gear wise. Bought and had fitted some Oil City Bean-Os to my Heritage H-535, wife bought me a Gretsch 5420T for my birthday and I'm selling (not gone yet) my Gibson V. 

Been a a year of mostly concentrating on getting the best out of all the stuff I bought last year, all good.
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    timhulio said:
    Out:

In:

You got rid of a '60's SG Jr and bought that Framus? Hhhhmmm, I'm now suspicious of your character.

Each to there own though......................

I should mention the Gibson was a 2011 reissue. The Framus is a worse guitar in terms of fit and finish, but it's much more interesting to play thanks to the pickups and electronics. I already have good guitars, but not enough interesting/unusual ones :-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    edited December 2016
    I was hoping for a sensible year and haven't done too badly on balance as historically it's been all ins. 

In:

Castle Cases Flightcase & board
    Zilla 1x12 cab with pre ROLA Greenback
    USA Fender Strat
    DiMarzio Injector Pre Wired Pickgaurd
    Gary Moore Owned Gibson Custom VOS SG
    Eric Johnson Rosewood Board Strat
    Washburn N4 Padauk.

Out:

Gary Moore Owned Gibson Custom VOS SG
    Gibson Trini Lopez 
    Musicman Axis 

After getting my FX8 at the end of 2016, every pedal except my CAE wah went in the classifieds this year, so....

Suhr Koko Boost
    Suhr Shiba
    Wampler Ego
    Eventide H9
    Strymon Timeline 
    Line 6 Verbzilla
    Pedaltrain 3
    Decibel Eleven Hot Stone Deluxe
    Decibel Eleven Switch Dr
    Digidesign Eleven Rack

A few pedals and a couple of guitars currently on the chopping block but that's it.

Already hankering for a Jackson Adrian Smith Sig and an AX8 in 2017.....It never ends!

• BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Out: Rickenbacker 660/12, 2006 Les Paul '56 Historic Goldtop
    In: Several sets of mandolin strings

Originally wanted a Gibson ES-something-or-other with the cash from the Rick/LP sales.
    Missed some decent blowouts at Coda/Peach, then the new prices went up about 1/3 almost overnight, with a corresponding knock-on for used prices.
    Have pretty much given up with GAS. Still plenty of guitars and not enough talent to justify those.
    Current craving is an old Gibson F2/4 mandolin, though the talent thing still applies!

• all I've got this year is a Vigier (the Shawn Lane one). The only downside is that it's so good I haven't played any of my others since I got it, and I'd probably sell them all (apart from 1) if I didn't have sentimental attachment to them all. I think a couple may go though. Oh and I've just got an AX8 so I don't knacker my back moving amps around all the time. Haven't dabbled in the effects/box/amp sim world for ages and this thing is amazing. 
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Guitars in

Feline Lion Cub

Guitars out

PRS Mira
    PRS Tremonti

Amps in

Soldano Hot Rod 25
    Bogner Goldfinger 45
    Cornford Roadhouse 50

Amps out

Soldano Hot Rod 25
    Bogner Goldfinger 45
    Cornford Roadhouse
    MJW Goldstar SS

I think 2017 will be a digital adventure.
  • My list is as small as always -

In
    Kit-built PRS style that I still haven't finished to my satisfaction (and probably never will)
    Ashdown Five Fifteen bass amp
    K&K Pure mini acoustic pick up for my Levinson 12-string (another pointless purchase that's been used once and will probably never be used again)
    Pedal for my Zoom G3 that I don't know how to set up (even though I've read and followed all the instructions I still can't get it to work)
    Some more stands

Out
    Erm, nowt, I don't think. I was planning on selling a bunch of stuff but resale values mean it's not really worth it atm.

If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9748
    Sold - Yamaha Pacifica 311H

Bought - Orange CR60C
                    G&L ASAT Bluesboy semi-hollow 
                    Oil City StoneTones for my Strat
                    Callaham sustain block for Strat

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8775
    In: a star shaped partscaster in gold
    Out: my youngest son has annexed the HB Telecaster from last year's build challenge
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.