UPDATED: B*stard cat brought a live mouse in: CAPTURED!

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Emp_Fab said:
    Dogs don't kill animals for fun then fill your house with the dying or dead.  Get a dog.
    Yeah but our dog has farts that smell like dead stuff though  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Our cat regularly brings back his prey. Birds are his favourite but he's brought rabbits and squirrels too of which he eats the heads and leaves the bodies strewn all over the conservatory.

He brought a magpie once, and they're big birds, quick played dead until he let go of it in the kitchen. Feathers, blood, bird shit all over the place.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited December 2016
    MOUSEWATCH UPDATE: The Big Cheese Live Catch traps I bought are useless. Whe we got up this morning one was triggered and one not. No mouse in the one that was triggered and bait not touched, the one that was still open had the peanut butter bait eaten!

came down around 7am and cat was huddled by the gas fire and swishing tail, a quick look under with torch and there sits Mr Mouse. Try to poke underneath with a garden cane and he runs up into the inside of the fire.

i have reset traps but ordered a Rentokil one that gets good reveiws on Amazon, will be here on Tuesday (the Big Cheese ones are the only ones I can buy locally)

may need another jar of peanut butter at this rate. 

I want to catch the mouse alive if possble and don't want to use poison bait so he crawls of and dies somewhere we can't get to.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7791

I want to catch the mouse alive if possble and don't want to use poison bait so he crawls of and dies somewhere we can't get to.

httpsimages-nassl-images-amazoncomimagesI41k4ftv2BmeL_SX300_jpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    Paul_C said:

httpsimages-nassl-images-amazoncomimagesI41k4ftv2BmeL_SX300_jpg

It may come to that but he's a fast little bugger. When my patience expires it will be a spring trap or 2 strategically placed hoping the cat doesn't poke her nose near it!

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11597
    tFB Trader
    This weeks trophy was either a HUGE mouse or a medium size rat - body was about 3 inches plus

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's a Siberian Hamster.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    edited December 2016
    In Rsv towers we have 2 cats, a family of owls, and grass snakes. The mouse population has taken a hammering over the last few years. 

https://flic.kr/p/eh2f14

An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • danodano Frets: 1594
    My cat brought in a live frog during the summer, frog escaped then we spent a good hour chasing it round the house ! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    That's a Siberian Hamster.
    "Bas-eel?"
    edited January 2017
    UPDATE: mouse caught. Cheeky fella came out from under the gas fire while we were watching an old episode of Celebrity Juice from the Sky planner. He darted under the wooden TV unit so we quickly blocked off the gaps under the gas fire and headed him off. Missus cajoled him from behind the TV unit so it would run out the front corner on it's way back to the safety of under the gas fire and I sat poised with a jug hovering ready, he poked his nose out gingerly and I got him. Piece of card slid under the jug and he was released back to the freezing cold outside, bet he was loving it in the house. He was a cute little thing, a field mouse

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7791

httpsc1staticflickrcom1110307940710_4da57b92c4_bjpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4703
    A tip.   If you have a pair of slippers - something soft, furry lining - if you can hold one over the mouse it will generally jump in right down to the toe end.  Cover the slipper entrance with your hand, walk to the front door and hold the slipper upside down, give a little shake (the slipper, not you) and the mouse will probable pop out and run away.  I've been doing this for some years now and it works, but you do need to get right next to the mouse.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  •   rlw said:
    A tip.   If you have a pair of slippers - something soft, furry lining - if you can hold one over the mouse it will generally jump in right down to the toe end.  Cover the slipper entrance with your hand, walk to the front door and hold the slipper upside down, give a little shake (the slipper, not you) and the mouse will probable pop out and run away.  I've been doing this for some years now and it works, but you do need to get right next to the mouse.

I have a tip!

Avoid catching diseases from rodents by not sharing your slippers with them.  Always use somebody else's slipper when handling vermin;)

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    My cat brought a live rat in and let it go. It was big. It was hiding behing a bookcase. Pulled the case out, it ran out, dashed up my leg, vaulted off my thigh and legged it out of the house. Yack. Had a dead rat brought in the other day. I don't mind the dead things, but live, no thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Snap said:
    My cat brought a live rat in and let it go. It was big. It was hiding behing a bookcase. Pulled the case out, it ran out, dashed up my leg, vaulted off my thigh and legged it out of the house. Yack. Had a dead rat brought in the other day. I don't mind the dead things, but live, no thanks.
    Gross

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Emp_Fab said:
    Dogs don't kill animals for fun then fill your house with the dying or dead.  Get a dog.
    No… because sheep are too big to drag back to the house.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2930
    edited December 2016
    Emp_Fab said:
    Because trying in vain to stop a dog eating a fresh turd is much more sophisticated.

Why do people treat cats and dogs like football teams? Dumb behaviour.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Epic thread.