Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Up early or in bed late?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Generally 4-5 hours.  More than 7 and I'm a nightmare to be around. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Need sleep. Cant sleep and nightmares and pissing myself doesn't help but you must get 7 hours otherwise your brain function is wrong. Which lets face it is the truth these days
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    18 hours a WEEK if I'm lucky. Think i might get a decent night tonight though, been busy with my car. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Now I'm middle aged I find I wake earlier and therefore tend to fall asleep in the armchair before bedtime. I often wake up and go to bed!
    I like about 7 hours but of a weekend it's not unknown to wake about 6am have a slash, then take a cup of tea back to bed and sleep on for a couple of hours or more.
    I was never one for stamina, more a dash n' rest kind. I get the same done in a shorter period but then break.
  • 1130 - 0610 on a school night, I can make it to 0830 on a weekend every now and again. I like lying in bed but I'm crap at it, the wife's an utter pitmaster
    On a Saturday I'm up, I've had breakfast, jogged to Parkrun, done Parkrun, jogged/limped back, and more often than not the rest of the house are just stirring. At 10-o-bloody-clock!
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    normally its be bed by 11 and up a 6:30 but that was months ago before the daughter came along so now its bed at 10 up at 2 bed at 3 up at 5, 8 months now and im knackered!
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Both. I only get to practice with the guitar after everyone is in bed, so its normally between 12:00am and 1:00am that I go to bed, then my alarm goes off at 5:30am to take the dog out before we have to start getting ready for work/take little'un to nursery etc.

Ill sleep when im dead.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • Weekdays it's 7 hours, midnight to 07:00. Weekends vary massively.
  • 4-5 hours if I'm lucky, and I'll usually wake up a couple of times (at least).
     Bedtime tends to be between 2-4am, but that can change randomly for reasons I've yet to discover. Occasionally I won't be able to get any sleep for several days.
    Chronic insomnia and ME aren't the best of bedfellows, if you'll pardon the pun.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Tends to be 0000 till 0630 most nights. 2300 to 0000 is about the only free time I get.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    IN bed usually for around 10, 10:30, asleep by 11-11:30, up at 6. Weekends, it varies. I get 7 hours most nights. sleep is important. Life is too short to be permanently bollocksed through lack of sleep. A few things have happened this year that make me realise there isn't much that's more important than looking after yourself, and getting enough sleep is central to that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    I have little problem getting to sleep, it's getting back to sleep after a middle-of-the-night pee that's an issue. When I wake up, I wake up.
  • Bed around 10pm up at 5:45 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Bed usually 12.30, up at 6.15. I'd love to experiment with sleeping more to see if it improves the quality of life.
  • How come so many of you get up so early?
  • What's your bag?

I average about 4 hours sleep a night.
    At the minute, bed around 3am as it takes me three hours to wind down after work. Awake by 8am and straight off to work again.