A new low for Youtube?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    I've noticed shorter videos have a pop  up ad as well.
    I subscribe to IGN, some of the smaller news pieces are 1min long...annoys me big time when they play a 30 second ad that you cannot skip in front of it!!!!!
    As others have said - Adblocker.

When I got the Adblock Plus extension to Firefox it was mainly to speed up an old slow PC that was taking ages to download web pages.  It did make pages load in about half the time which was the object of the exercise.  Killing the ads on Youtube was an unexpected bonus.

I have some sympathy for the fact that content creators depend on the ads, but the amount and duration of ads is ridiculous.  It's the same with the ads that caused me to get the ad-blocker in the first place.  Ads used to be a bit of text on the side of the page.  The advertising industry caused their own downfall with the video ads and pop-ups.  When pages were taking twice as long to download because of all the ads it's far too much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Sadly I can't run adblocker on the flat screen TV, I too watch more YOOTOOB than regular TV these days. TEDx and just peoples general experiences doing stuff I do or might consider doing or find interesting. Theres a mad cannuck 'AvE' that takes things apart and puts them back together while explaining what materiels were used and weaknesses and strengths, all while being entertaining and knowledgable. Do you know how to drill a square hole?
    I watched something last week where the Ad popped up at the end of the video! Zapp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom