Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Team Rock Goes Bust...

What's Hot
IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Taking Classic Rock and Metal Hammer magazines with it too :-(

70 odd jobs lost in Christmas week, none of the writers to be paid for December either.

Lets hope a buyer is found soon.

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
(formerly miserneil)
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Team rock was doomed the moment the decision was made to go web based only. I still can't figure out why they did it. Shame about Classic Rock mag, it's a decent read, hopefully at least that will get saved. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Bummer. Never good timing for something like this but always extra rough at Christmas. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11598
    tFB Trader
    and I just bought a CR subscription a month ago - won't see that money back!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Bummer, doesn't reverend write for metal hammer? Hope he's not one of the folks facing no Xmas pay check. 

Hope someone one buys up metal hammer would be a shame to lose it. The website was a bit of a travesty with click bait headlines and paywalls though.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • and I just bought a CR subscription a month ago - won't see that money back!
    You might if you used a credit card. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    Bummer, doesn't reverend write for metal hammer? Hope he's not one of the folks facing no Xmas pay check. 

Hope someone one buys up metal hammer would be a shame to lose it. The website was a bit of a travesty with click bait headlines and paywalls though.
    I do, but freelance only.  I've lost about £300 but that's nothing compared to what my friends have lost. 
    Apparently they were just told they were redundant immediately and not getting paid for December.  The magazines were successful so I'd imagine someone will want to pick them up. Failing that, I'd hope they get picked up quickly. Other magazines I'd imagine would happy to hire people like them. 
  • I stopped buying CR years ago when I got bored of all the typos.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33802
    Pity as it was my favourite radio station.
    Never bought any of the magazines.
  • Seems somebody's set up a JustGiving campaign to get the affected folks through Christmas...the £20k target isn't going to cut it, I'd imagine, but it's at least something.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ukrockcommunity?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socpledgedesktop&utm_content=ukrockcommunity&utm_campaign=post-pledge-desktop&utm_term=xeqzaw6Dm
    <space for hire>
  • Like Someone said, the moment they went online only, it was as good as dead. I remember that gobby northern dj they had who publicly said it was a stupid idea - vanished to a late night show

Shame me as I liked the mix of stuff they played on there 
    Seems somebody's set up a JustGiving campaign to get the affected folks through Christmas...the £20k target isn't going to cut it, I'd imagine, but it's at least something.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ukrockcommunity?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socpledgedesktop&utm_content=ukrockcommunity&utm_campaign=post-pledge-desktop&utm_term=xeqzaw6Dm
    That's my friend Ben from Orange Goblin. £20k will definitely keep the wolves from the door for a bit. 
  • Glad to hear your not too badly affected. Best wishes to your friends though. I'll punt in a donation. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:

70 odd jobs lost in Christmas week, none of the writers to be paid for December either.

Are there no people with morals left? pulling this sort of crap is beyond reprehensible. I really hope whoever made this shitty decision has Karma come back at them in full force.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    ThorpyFX said:
    miserneil said:

Are there no people with morals left? pulling this sort of crap is beyond reprehensible. I really hope whoever made this shitty decision has Karma come back at them in full force.
    Sadly no. 

I work in the Hospitality Industry providing out source services and we have countless customers who just go into administration to avoid debts and can easily set up a new company a week later. 

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Just got the latest copy of CR maybe a week or so ago and we were talking last night about when the next issue will come out over the holidays.

I gave up entirely on the radio aspect when they took it off DAB but the Magazine was something i loved and I've got years worth of the editions that meant something to me.
    I think i got the Slash Fan pack when he released Apocalyptic Love too.

The Gig guides !

Sadly missed if that goes for good.
    Even now it would probably end up being revamped again and not be the same.

I feel the most sorry for the writers and staff.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Such a shame for those involved.

As @boogieman said - it all seemed to start with the transfer to www only radio, and that was certainly the end for me.
    All the DJ's were good - and certainly infinitely better than the collection of muppets at Planet Rock (Nicky Horne not included).  I got introduced to some good new music from some of them, too.

I wish them well.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    That's horrile news for those who have lost their jobs.

I've been a CR subscriber for a while, I can give it no higher compliment than to call it top-notch bog literature. It's left a gap in the market.
  • On the bright side, the crowdfunding campaign has already gone past the £20k target and doesn't show any sign of slowing down.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    scrumhalf said:
    That's horrile news for those who have lost their jobs.

I've been a CR subscriber for a while, I can give it no higher compliment than to call it top-notch bog literature. It's left a gap in the market.
    No more dead legs though. 
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I was genuinely really sorry to hear this.

I'm "friends" online with Scott Rowley (CR Editor) and some of his posts on this are shocking. Apparently they had little idea what was coming, the administrators just came in, told them they were redundant and to clear their desks and leave. At any time that is disgusting but Christmas week, even more.

I really hope they find a buyer and carry on, I thought CR was a brilliant read, so much so, my mother-in-law took out a new 12 month subscription for me last week....
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)