Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

A question for the learned members of theFretBoard

What's Hot
snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
edited December 2016 in Off Topic
We opened a tub of celebrations (other multi-packs of sweets are available) and were reminded of elderly relatives habits of putting empty wrappers back in their tubs of sweets.

My question is are we of the household Stoo wrong in finding this habit utterly abhorrent?

Supplemental question is do any of you peoples do it? 
PSN id : snakey33stoo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4178
    No, it's wrong.  </thread>

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • The mistake you make is buying Celebrations in the first place, Quality Street is where it's at and don't get me started on Roses, they are total garbage.

Also, you shouldn't be offering them around, tell interfering older relatives that they are for the children and they should know better.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4557
    What does "putting empty wrappers back in their versions!" actually mean?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:
    What does "putting empty wrappers back in their versions!" actually mean?
    That my mind was wandering while I was typing.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    The mistake you make is buying Celebrations in the first place, Quality Street is where it's at and don't get me started on Roses, they are total garbage.

Also, you shouldn't be offering them around, tell interfering older relatives that they are for the children and they should know better.
    Agreed, older relatives should only be offered mint humbugs or werthers originals.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Roger that, carry on
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I'm guilty of this crime! Pure laziness on my part! 

But agreed with the above - the real crime is buying celebrations!
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    edited December 2016
    Let's face it - it's a handy receptacle for the used wrappers, co-located with the consumer and negating the need to waste energy going to find a bin. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    It annoys me. My wife does it. 

Celebrations, Quality Street. Even After Eights. 

REMOVE WRAPPER. THROW WRAPPER IN THE BIN FFS. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4178
    The mistake you make is buying Celebrations in the first place, Quality Street is where it's at and don't get me started on Roses, they are total garbage.

Hahaha, those are some strong chocolate opinions.  Were you locked in the coal shed as a kid and only fed Roses?  ;)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Quality Street was where it was at until the Yanks bought the company that make them and screwed around with a well-proven formula.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    The Roses of my childhood were a thing of beauty. Now they're really crap and have changed so many times that they're completely indistinguishable from what they once were. Like pretty much everything else Cadbury, sadly.  And don't get me started on the ever reducing tub size vs cost equation! 

The one that has stayed pretty consistently good through all the years is Quality Street! Hardly ever change the contents or wrappers so still feels traditional for Christmas! 

Celebrations are are totally pointless as a Christmas thing for me. They're just small versions of normal chocolate bars which you can eat all year anyway! 

Until writing this I never knew I felt so strongly about such things. Good grief! 
    The good thing about Celebrations is that you can get 2 parts Milky Way, 1 part Twix and 3 parts Mars Bar in your gob all at once.  sticky goodness
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Doing this in a tub of Quality Rose Celebrations is punishable by beating.
    Do it in a box of After Eights and it's weights on the ankles and down to the lake.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    We only eat Thorntons so I have no experience of these items 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    CHRISB50 said:
    It annoys me. My wife does it. 

Celebrations, Quality Street. Even After Eights. 

REMOVE WRAPPER. THROW WRAPPER IN THE BIN FFS. 
    MORE SO with After Eights !!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28388
    Surely with After Eights you flatten out a bit of toothpaste, bake until slightly solid, coat in Marmite and put back?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    Why would you put the wrapper back, when you can roll it up and throw it a someone?
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Sesh said:
    Why would you put the wrapper back, when you can roll it up and throw it a someone?
    And this is another black mark against celebrations, you can't make a proper wrapper dart from those.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Nearly all Cadbury's products are horrible since Kraft or whoever it is took them over and changed the recipes. Mrs900 used to love Creme Eggs but won't touch them now. I had a bar of Cadbury's Fruit'n'nut recently and it's tasting more like Hershey's (i.e. nothing like chocolate). I'm sure the Christmas tubs will be just as nasty regardless of whether or not elderly relatives insist on putting the wrappers back in the tub.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it