Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Year's Resolutions

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited December 2016
    I envy those of you doing something else for extra cash, e.g. teaching, gigging etc. I'd like to have that bit extra myself!

Here's a genuine one: 
    Get to bed at a reasonable hour and get more sleep. 
    I'm always up way too late, usually programming drums... and my eyes look black and blue!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27674
    TimmyO said:

3. The big one - become self-employed/get my business off the ground - I was made suddenly unemployed Aug/Sep last year. I decided to try and get my own thing off the ground. The only work I've had since was a couple of months freelance out in Singapore (for a previous employer), but I want to do consultancy and turn it in to a business rather than just contract/freelance as a one man operation. At 45 it's a new direction but one I am committed to trying to make it work. Luckily Mrs yo is also behind it, as I've earned precisely nowt for the last few months! Eek. 
    @timmyo - if you need anyone to bounce thoughts, plans, ideas (and worries) off, I went through a similar work-change c15yrs ago, and have both developed (not very successfully) independent businesses, worked through other similar small and new businesses, and done contract work.

I'm surviving.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    SImple one for me: work less, live more. Getting there.
  • 1. Lose some weight and get generally a bit fitter.2 stone tops (off to look at a gym this afternoon)
      2. Sell this house and buy a new house.
      3. Open another salon with my partner.
      4. Sell the Golf and get a new larger car.
      5. Make a start new business idea I've had for a while
      6. Maybe get a new Labrador to join our current one
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

Remember to check out our Bank Holiday Sale 15% off New, Used and Vintage
    https://reverb.com/uk/sales/bank-holiday-sale

• GassageGassage Frets: 30945
    Fall in love with playing cricket again and stop over indlugence in things I shouldn't indulge in at the age of 52.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Make more time for stuff I enjoy doing. I'm not saying "find" time because that never actually happens as a passive thing when work is putting pressure on. I've had a ridiculous year work-wise which has got me brownie points and very little else.

So, more creative stuff. Music, photography and possibly drawing/sketching/design stuff. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7548
    TTony said:
    TimmyO said:

3. The big one - become self-employed/get my business off the ground - I was made suddenly unemployed Aug/Sep last year. I decided to try and get my own thing off the ground. The only work I've had since was a couple of months freelance out in Singapore (for a previous employer), but I want to do consultancy and turn it in to a business rather than just contract/freelance as a one man operation. At 45 it's a new direction but one I am committed to trying to make it work. Luckily Mrs yo is also behind it, as I've earned precisely nowt for the last few months! Eek. 
    @timmyo - if you need anyone to bounce thoughts, plans, ideas (and worries) off, I went through a similar work-change c15yrs ago, and have both developed (not very successfully) independent businesses, worked through other similar small and new businesses, and done contract work.

I'm surviving.
     @TTony ; That'd be good - I'm prob going to be in town for a few days in the first half of Jan so let me know when you're in? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited December 2016
    Snap said:
    SImple one for me: work less, live more. Getting there.

Yes!

• Reach my 40th birthday. 

It's only just into the year so I'm setting the bar very low
    Done it.

100% of my resolutions completed.

Go me.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24609
    I'd like to be able to run 10K by the end of the year.

That would be great.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    To make a genuine leap forward in my guitar playing by practicing more and messing about less. 

Have set myself one 'simple' target - to be good enough to play John Mayer's "Neon" (well!) by the end of the year. Probably sounds simple to a lot of people but the big stretches, combined with percussive techniques and muting and all the other stuff means it's well out of my current ability. 
  •  fretmeister said:
    I'd like to be able to run 10K by the end of the year.

That would be great.
    If you are giving yourself a whole year that should be easy - barely 30 metres a day.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited January 2017
    Stop replying to WTB ads.  Life is simply too short.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28665
    Several of my abandoned former friends have clearly made their new year resolutions be to get in touch with people they couldn't be arsed getting in touch with for years.

I wouldn't mind, but it's all whiny bullhonky. "There have been some significant changes in my life - can't wait to tell you about them!". Which means, obviously in one case, "My wife got sick of me always trying to stick it in her after a backrub".

I have been misappropriating one of Drew's lines, and telling these people that I now identify as a zeppelin armada, so unless they're in the helium-supply business I'm not overly interested.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."