Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Should 2016 fuck off?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    edited December 2016
    2016? It can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. Marriage break up, selling my house, being separated from my son, living on my own and suffering a mental breakdown.

Celebrity deaths? Sad, but none have had any real impact on me.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26601
    edited December 2016
    p90fool said:
    pintspiller said:The voting in of Trump is proof that political correctness has gone too far.
    That's the old Drew argument again, that something is the fault of the people who fought tooth and nail against it.
    I've read just about everything Drew ever posted on this forum (and others), and I'm pretty sure that he's never actually said anything of the sort.

He did say that both Brexit and Trump are a reaction to the condescension of the liberal left, but that's not remotely the same thing.

p90fool said:

"You bastards MADE me vote for him by telling me I'm not allowed to say NIGGER anymore! It's all your fault!"
    I haven't seen any credible analysis of this year's politics which could come close to this even by loose paraphrasing.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiform said:
    2016? It can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. Marriage break up, selling my house, being separated from my son, living on my own and suffering a mental breakdown.

I'm sorry to hear that man...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiform said:

2007 was when my wife left, she was sectioned and I commenced proceedings to gain custody of our son - which were not entirely successful - though he predominantly lives with me.

Nine years on, things are less than great - I agree - celebrity deaths are sad but less significant than real-life pain.

I hope things resolve more quickly for you than they have for me. The break up of a marriage (regardless of the circumstances) and issues around seeing children are truly life-changing events....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2556
    edited December 2016
    Thanks guys. 2017 is going to be my year...in many ways. 2016 has made me a stronger person overall.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28287

He did say that both Brexit and Trump are a reaction to the condescension of the liberal left, but that's not remotely the same thing.
    Yeah, those awful authoritarian liberals.

The redefinition - by the authoritarian right - of "liberal" to mean "authoritarian" was both brilliant and despicable. What was worse, though, is that they got away with it - look at all the people now who use liberal to mean authoritarian left, including on this thread.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4989
    edited December 2016
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

I'm not sure the word "authoritarian" came into it anywhere. For the record I disagree with him to a certain degree on this, and I'm probably one of those condescending liberals...at least, I've been known to be condescending on more than one occasion ;)

Here's the thing - if you're one of the people who's voting Trump as a direct result of what you perceive to be condescension from lefties, it's reasonably likely that you're also going to be finding condescension where there is none. Less-wordy version: there may be truth in it, but as an explanation for what's happened on national scales it requires both sides to be at fault.
    <space for hire>
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Sporky said:

I'm not sure the word "authoritarian" came into it anywhere. For the record I disagree with him to a certain degree on this, and I'm probably one of those condescending liberals...at least, I've been known to be condescending on more than one occasion ;)

Here's the thing - if you're one of the people who's voting Trump as a direct result of what you perceive to be condescension from lefties, it's reasonably likely that you're also going to be finding condescension where there is none. Less-wordy version: there may be truth in it, but as an explanation for what's happened on national scales it requires both sides to be at fault.
    I agree. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom