Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Missed the bin men!

What's Hot
Bollix...went out early this morning and forgot the bins, came back around 09:30 and wheeled them out as everyone else's were but some neighbours are now wheeling them in, missed them. I was sure it was going to be Saturday but I was wrong.

Food bin is full and now has another 2 weeks to go filled with decaying food waste, recycling is overflowing with been cars, bottles and card.

And people in Aleppo think they've got problems... :/

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    It is galling to be sure. I make a point of putting them out the night before. Foxes or not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Unfortunate. Sounds like a few trips to the recycling centre for you. Our local council was very proactive and made sure everyone knew when they were coming and what bins.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Unfortunate. Sounds like a few trips to the recycling centre for you. Our local council was very proactive and made sure everyone knew when they were coming and what bins.
    So was ours, we have a leaflet which I gave a cursory glance to in a pre-Christmas fuzzy alcohol imbued moment.

Recycling centre 'guards' will be all over my bin bags when we take this lot.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Tragic 
  • Our info is all on the interwebs, luckily we didn't miss them as my daughter decided to have a clear-out of her room a week ago.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • We have really tiny bins now. You get two black bin bags in them and collection is once a fortnight. It's a joke!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • We have really tiny bins now. You get two black bin bags in them and collection is once a fortnight. It's a joke!
    Same here. If you use the white drawstring bags you can put them in horizontally and get more in.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Fly tipping is the answer!

If you're an absolute cunt (I presume you aren't! I hate fly tippers). 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    It might be worth calling your Local Authority. Say you had to go out urgently didn't get a chance to put the bin out, they might pick it up on another route tomorrow.

My brother-in law did this in Cambridge and they collected it the next day.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11304
    Our binmen not only care about refuse collection, but also the general well-being of residents. I have assumed this because your bin generally ends up at least 100 yards from where you left it.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    Divide your rubbish up and put a bit in each bin on the street.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    We have really tiny bins now. You get two black bin bags in them and collection is once a fortnight. It's a joke!
    I think this is to encourage recycling...ours are the same. 

We find for a household of two (plus a dog), it's more than big enough - we don't fill more than one bin bag a week, as most of the "bulk" goes in the recycling bin, and the food waste (for the most part) goes in the food caddy. 
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    If the council told everyone to flatten plastic milk bottles (underfoot) before putting them in the brown wheelie bin (plastic milk bottles and glass bottles).....would this not reduce the lifting and handling of the brown wheelie bin (plastic milk bottles and glass bottles) from twice per month to once per month or less?

Unless you have a hobby which involves buying a lot of glass bottles.....

• I might lob stuff over the fence into the neighbours garden

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Eastleigh BC very kindly send me an email the night before a collection to remind me which bin to leave out.

Can't fault them really - the only downside is when they recycling Nazi's spot something that shouldn't be in a green bin and refuse to take the whole thing.
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    Stick it in the neighbours newly emptied bins.

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Our building's residents are apparently incapable of using bins ... they've been dumping bags of rubbish next to the bin in the bin area and not IN the bin... 

and the bin-men are picky enough that they wont pick those up, so they get left... 
  • Bins?

Our council got rid of them a few years ago and now there's just a sea of bin-bags every Thursday! Apparently it saves us a quid or two on council tax, but fook that I want me bin back!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12374
    We've got three wheely bins. One for general non recycling stuff, one for plastic and cardboard and one for garden waste. Then there's another three smaller bins for glass and tins, paper and food waste. Our non recyclable bin never gets more than a quarter full these days.

The local council is pretty good on recycling, the only pita is the local dump won't now take diy waste like wood, paint cans, tiles, old sinks and bogs anymore...well they will, but it's a fiver a bag or large item thank you very much. Fly tipping has gone through the roof now of course, which the council will have to spend a lot of money on clearing up. I wonder what genius councillor thought that idea up?