Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hartnoll Guitars closing

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14294
    tFB Trader

It seems that manufacturers will eventually become retailers. I'm sure major cities could support a 'Fender Store' or 'Gibson Store' if either maker decided not to supply independents.

These are very unwelcome developments, as far as I'm concerned....
    I think they've seen the Apple model with a few select major stores in big centres supported by their own on line shop - Then others like PMT and other big stores can join in with a selection to support their own business - then finish off the 'minnows'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    - For example Marshall just over a year ago went from something like 400 UK outlets to around 100 - Marshall's policy not shops choice - Not trying to single out Marshall as the only 'bad boy' but same applies to nearly all major brands - Look how many big/medium size towns'cities no longer have an outlet that sells new Epiphone and Gibson Guitars - Very tough for many independents 
    I wonder what prompts this decision, surely having 400 dealers was a good thing for marshall, i wonder how they'll shift the same amount of amplifiers with 1/4 of the shops?
    @mgaw @Strat_a_tat_tat and @Fretwired have touched on most key points - It now means big stores like PMT, Dawsons etc etc have to commit to a larger Marshall stocking plan that covers all Marshall models so effectively no selective buying - Commit to the brand or stay away - Will now mean they have less room for other brands, so the choice of brand A, B or C will diminish

Effectively 100 stores doing it well is better than 400 half hearted efforts - as again mentioned with Richard above it is a case of taking influence from the Apple retail model
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24369

It seems that manufacturers will eventually become retailers. I'm sure major cities could support a 'Fender Store' or 'Gibson Store' if either maker decided not to supply independents.

These are very unwelcome developments, as far as I'm concerned....
    I think they've seen the Apple model with a few select major stores in big centres supported by their own on line shop - Then others like PMT and other big stores can join in with a selection to support their own business - then finish off the 'minnows'
    Fender are already selling direct to the public via the web.

No price negotiation of course, but probably quicker access to rarer colours etc.
    tFB Trader

No price negotiation of course, but probably quicker access to rarer colours etc.
    Don't think it is a full blown selection and not outside the USA as yet - and funnily enough not heard a shed load about it, even from USA dealers complaining - but update me otherwise 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24369

Don't think it is a full blown selection and not outside the USA as yet - and funnily enough not heard a shed load about it, even from USA dealers complaining - but update me otherwise 
    I just put a bass in my basket.

UK price. Free delivery.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I thought that Fender were looking at having premium stores like Apple which sell the entire range - that would make sense to me. Apple manages to have its stores whilst still selling products through the likes of Amazon and stores like John Lewis.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Gutted. Jaime always seemed a nice guy, very helpful with enquiries and all round cool guy. 

tFB Trader

UK price. Free delivery.

from a UK site ? - I can't see it
    tFB Trader

UK price. Free delivery.

ignore that - sussed it
    tFB Trader

UK price. Free delivery.

ignore that - sussed it
    looks like limited models - but I dare say one day they will roll it out
  • Bummer :(

I've never shopped with him but he was/is well liked around here.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    funkyfraz said:
    Wow.. I remember him opening it.
    Yeah, me too. :(
      blueskunk said:
    Gutted. Jaime always seemed a nice guy, very helpful with enquiries and all round cool guy. 

I can't say I thought he was that keen to lend a hand, myself.... http://img.memecdn.com/this-is-cruelty_c_3218911.jpg

;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5280
    As @guitars4you mentioned, one by product down the line will be less exposure for other brands especially smaller boutique ones, and that gentleman of the FB is bad news for all of us.

I firmly believe that those small builders "copying" fender and gibson guitars, and doing them better than the originals were being built, have been instrumental in the upward trajectory of the big boys QC etc..i hope it doesnt end up like the acoustic world where numerous brilliant guitars are represented by a couple of shops in the UK namely TAMCO abnd TNAG cos there lies some of the greatest guitars being built today.

The Fenders of the world have the dealers over a barrel to a degree and they aint going to let that situation change any time soon
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    Very sad - I once bought a Gibson Custom Shop guitar from Hartnolls and they were excellent to deal with.