UK Government to confirm exit from EU single market in speech on Tuesday

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited January 2017
    The speech is tomorrow which last time I checked was Tuesday, not Thursday. Good old Guardian .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Interesting comments from EU .. not so hostile ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I bet Junckers sees things quite differently
    play every note as if it were your first
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    Wonderful.  Exchange rates at all time new low tomorrow then.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27508
    Your thread titles are almost as sensationalist as some newspaper headlines.
    ;)

its all about the negotiation positions, and will be for months and months and months ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    TTony said:
    Your thread titles are almost as sensationalist as some newspaper headlines.
    ;)

its all about the negotiation positions, and will be for months and months and months ...

Or even longer.  Its like listening to two boxers in the ring, taunting each other before the bell rings. It bears no relation to the bout that follows.
  • Fretwired said:
    The speech is tomorrow which last time I checked was Tuesday, not Thursday. Good old Guardian .. :-)
    They never could spell
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72345
    Chalky said:
    TTony said:

Or even longer.  Its like listening to two boxers in the ring, taunting each other before the bell rings. It bears no relation to the bout that follows.
    Which is one of those fights that goes fifteen rounds, both men end up looking like they've been run over by a bus, and no-one can really tell who won.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    Oh, for the old days when the first you heard of a political speech was when the politician actually gave the speech.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    sinbaadi said:
    Wonderful.  Exchange rates at all time new low tomorrow then.
    Helps the deficit .. it will only be temporary. The pound was overvalued anyway.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MotorhateMotorhate Frets: 238
    Good. Its what's need to up the ante to get the EU to act rationally. The EU relies heavily on UK trade but the way they've been talking, its all about punishing the UK for leaving the EU. This may well be the shot across the bows that's needed to get Juncker et al to act like mature adults and not a spoilt little kid who's had his toy taken away.
    Guitars: ESP Viper | BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X | Jackson RR5 | Washburn Custom shop Idol | Schecter C1 Stealth | Schecter Blackjack AX-7 | Washburn “Billy Club” Idol | Washburn “Nick Catanese” Idol - Amps: Peavey 5150 60w Combo | Peavey 6505 120w head | Peavey JSX 120w head | Blackstar HT-1 Combo

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    Motorhate said:
    Good. Its what's need to up the ante to get the EU to act rationally. The EU relies heavily on UK trade but the way they've been talking, its all about punishing the UK for leaving the EU. This may well be the shot across the bows that's needed to get Juncker et al to act like mature adults and not a spoilt little kid who's had his toy taken away.
    The EU is funded by a few rich nations that pay for all the other poorer member states, The UK was one of the big three. It will be a blow for thier finances and plans in general, it will also frighten them that others might make the same step and they need to put up a tough show to dissuade them. By saying we want nothing of thier club the onus is on the EU to be sensible and try to maintain some financial contribution from the UK for some of the benifits that we might like to keep. So nothing has happened yet, watch this space.
  • MotorhateMotorhate Frets: 238
    Can’t wait. They were told previously they needed to reform as the model wasn’t fair and favoured Germany far too much. They ignored the warnings and carried on anyway, now that’s all coming home to roost and I for one, can’t wait until it all comes crashing down. What happened to Ireland, Greece and to a lesser extent Spain and Italy proved that a “one size fits all” economy was unworkable and unfair to every other member of the union. Its an  unsustainable economic model that is propping up the German banks at the expense of everyone else and hopefully its days are numbered.
    Guitars: ESP Viper | BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X | Jackson RR5 | Washburn Custom shop Idol | Schecter C1 Stealth | Schecter Blackjack AX-7 | Washburn “Billy Club” Idol | Washburn “Nick Catanese” Idol - Amps: Peavey 5150 60w Combo | Peavey 6505 120w head | Peavey JSX 120w head | Blackstar HT-1 Combo

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Negotiation, pure and simple.
    Motorhate said:
    Can’t wait. They were told previously they needed to reform as the model wasn’t fair and favoured Germany far too much. They ignored the warnings and carried on anyway, now that’s all coming home to roost and I for one, can’t wait until it all comes crashing down. What happened to Ireland, Greece and to a lesser extent Spain and Italy proved that a “one size fits all” economy was unworkable and unfair to every other member of the union. Its an  unsustainable economic model that is propping up the German banks at the expense of everyone else and hopefully its days are numbered.
    It will be .. Winter's coming from the East ...

Putin wants his empire back ....

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Love the veiled self-harm comment. 
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    I don't understand the point of a house of commons vote on the deal. That will be at the end of the two year negotiation period, and if they vote against it then we are still out. So what does it gain? 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Democracy!

I have no doubt it will be a foregone conclusion in many ways unless it is a disastrous deal.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    ICBM said:
    Chalky said:
    TTony said:

Which is one of those fights that goes fifteen rounds, both men end up looking like they've been run over by a bus, and no-one can really tell who won.
    Nah, I think she'll go for the first round KO, and just flounce.  "We're OUT,and that's that!"

• followed by the breakup of the uninted kingdom
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom