adverts you really can't stand

What's Hot

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4169
    edited January 2017
    Any of 'em.  I hate marketing, all of it.

There's a Tesco ad running at the moment where a fella makes a curry for his missus despite the fact he's been hiding from her all these years that he doesn't really like spicy food.  I thought There you go, an advert that doesn't make one gender look stupid at the expense of the other, doesn't lie, doesn't make me want to vomit at its saccharine sweetness, and clearly it's increased their brand awareness despite the fact I often shop there anyway.

It's a sad indictment when you sit up and take notice at what used to be standard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Those ones with that plastic Nicole Sherzinger on a cloud.  Can't even remember what she's advertising but she is just annoying.

The one for the yoghurt or something where they act all shocked and fall over when they find out how many calories are in it.

As many others have said, the moneysupermarket ads.

The Creme Egg ad that is on at the moment.  it reminds me of the fact that they have stopped making them with Dairy Milk.  Spend the ad budget on making them properly again.  You'll sell far more of them.

The gratuitous use of Queen songs in every other ad.  A few months ago I saw an ad break with Queen songs in 3 different ads.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4169
    crunchman said:

The one for the yoghurt or something where they act all shocked and fall over when they find out how many calories are in it.
    Hah yeah - there should be a second one where they all act even more shocked when they find out that 'fat-free' means 'about a kilo of sugar per portion'.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22857
    crunchman said:
    Those ones with that plastic Nicole Sherzinger on a cloud.  Can't even remember what she's advertising but she is just annoying.

Muller.  The ones where she always falls over or something and ends up with a blob of yogurt on her nose. 

You can imagine how they spend hours getting that blob of yogurt just perfect.  Heaven forbid they should just shove her fucking face in it.

• fobfob Frets: 1430

"Subscribe to my awesome channel for more vids like these" i.e. other YTers videos I've nicked and re-upped as my own. Especially when they cover half the screen, pop up every 20 secs and are positioned so that you have to toggle in and out of fullscreen to do it. 

I remember watching a Mexican boxing match in the early 90's and they had so many adverts on screen that you could barely see the fighters.

I don't watch that much TV as it's broadcast now so can't comment too much on the current crop but I remember loving some ads when I was a kid. There was genuine excitement in the playground the day after we first saw one ad 'invade' some others:

• rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    I hate the ones advertising anti-bacterial spray, usually there's a little baby in it and a dirty dog both in a blindingly white kitchen. The dog leaves a few footprints so the mother now has to disinfect the whole kitchen with gallons of disinfectant spray to stop the baby dying from the germs.....

Bollocks...let the baby roll around in the shit for a while and strengthen its immune system rather than sterilising everything in comes into contact with. Annoys the fuck out of me for some reason.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Confused.com I wish someone one would take out that Brian the fucking robot with an RPG, he's a right fucking helmet

YES!!!! How could I forget! I HATE those with a passion!!!

I seriously considered buying a Brian toy so that I could smash it up with a baseball bat for YouTube.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22857
    Haven't confused.com ditched Brian in favour of James Corden now?  You can smash him up with a baseball bat if you like.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuck you teabags!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24311
    +1 to the comment about the Queen songs @crunchman .  Poor Freddie must be spinning in his grave.  I won't forgive Brian and Roger in a hurry for whoring out the back catalogue.  John got out at the right time I reckon.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    Choice of songs played during adverts seems to be getting increasingly bizarre.

Why would P&O ferries use Joe Jackson's "Stepping Out"?

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    @Emp_Fab - 4:49 on a Saturday morning?  Really late night, or really early start?
  • The gratuitous use of Queen songs in every other ad.  A few months ago I saw an ad break with Queen songs in 3 different ads.
    Could be worse. It was Katie Melua a few years ago.

Theres an advert on the radio at the moment that has a door bell noise on it, exactly the same as mine. Very annoying. I know why they do it psychologically, it grabs your attention, but very annoying going to answer the door and theres no-one there. All the whilst missing the rest of the advert on the radio anyway.
  • TV:

Money Supermarket twerking - yep, very disturbing.

Flash ad with the dog using the Queen track - as someone else has said, one of the shittest adverts around.

Argos - That Oh, o-o-o-o-o-oh tune is getting very tired now.

Any perfume ad.

Betting ads as people have said - I like football but couldn't give a fuck about betting.

Radio ads:

Selco
    Screwfix
    Trade Point
    Mustard Insurance

Basically, any ad geared towards white van man with a gruff cockney voiceover bloke.

Homebase, for their irritating, long in the tooth dabadobadabadobadaba music...
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16098
    Agree ........really hate that stupid Homebase music ............really irritating
    Yes,the builder geezer,wotcha mate,gor blimey,apples and pears Vindaloo,fuck my old boots,round me Nan's Cockney builder Tradepoint/Selco voiceover moron requires suitably torturing until he is "brown bread " 
         Its not BBC English and it's not Good News for Britain !
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    And a special mention for whoever it is whose avert features a fucked-up version of "I Feel Free".

If Cream songs needed to be different, Cream would have done them differently. They don't, so they didn't. Whoever is responsible for this miserable cover version needs to be fetched one with a cricket bat round the head.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I dislike the one for Dacia Dusters with their 'version' of 'Another One Bites The Dust'. 
  • I tell you what the fuck I can't stand. It's the adverts on the shows downloaded via the catch-up services.

Why the fuck can't they keep the breaks the same length? I used to fast-forward through them - but sometimes there'd be one advert or a trailer, sometimes more. I'd end up rewinding after fast-forwarding into the show and it does me fucking head in!
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Ravenous said:

GO COMPARE!!!

(Anyone know where I can get the sheet music for this?)

Tada

https://musopen.org/sheetmusic/34167/george-michael-cohan/over-there/

Obviously you've got to change the lyrics, but it's the tune they use 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24311
    Nitefly said:
    @Emp_Fab - 4:49 on a Saturday morning?  Really late night, or really early start?
    @Nitefly I'm not sleeping particularly well of late.  I'm waking up wide awake and alert at all hours of the night.  I usually come downstairs and piss about on the laptop until I feel tired again then go back to bed.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter