adverts you really can't stand

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    Ah, sorry to hear that, @Emp_Fab - I'm fortunate that that's not a problem I've ever suffered from - I could sleep on a clothes-line!

Hope you get it sorted.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11299
    Any advert where they've taken something produced overseas and (very badly) dubbed English accents.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28233
    All the uber-men ones. That chap who's a pants model but we're meant to believe he's some sort of deal-signing super-exec film director who goes to the gym a lot, and the one with the chap who says something like "Makes me a man of today".

Oh, and that one for man-smell with the chap telling the woman he's a bit of a twit.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24315
    edited January 2017
    ANY advert where they take a known song and fuck with the arrangement and, far far worse, the timing, to cram in as many of the more memorable lines / chorus as possible within the 'umpty-thousand pounds a second ad window'.  I recall an AA ad being the first instance of this trend - where they hacked Carole King's "You've got a friend"....  Still irritates the hell out of me...

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Quite frankly all of them, I just pause for 10 minutes at the start of the programme and then fast forward when I get to them.
    10 minutes is plenty for a cuppa and a pit stop...
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    I do like Meerkats tho' ; even if they are old hat now
    I see a lot of a Russian Guy that I know and he really does say SIMPLES after everything he says -he must have been the inspiration for the catchphrase ............we actually call him Boris The Meerkat now
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Yeah, I still like the Meerkats. Probably as I haven't seen most of them. The Macauley Culkin one was great! Arnie's good as well.
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Len Goodman advertising 'I love Farmfoods'. I bet he shops at farmfoods, not. Has an estimated wealth of 12 million dollars.
    Philly_Q said:
    The current crop of reverse-psychology We Buy Any Car ads with people sitting on sofas going "I can't believe they're letting me say this, but you might be able to get a better price selling privately...."

Not only is it patronising bollocks, but you can just sense those bit-part actors thinking this is their big moment in the spotlight, time to really lay it on thick with the feigned astonishment.
    We'll kick you in the bollocks .com ...............is that who you mean ?
    Philly_Q said:
    The current crop of reverse-psychology We Buy Any Car ads with people sitting on sofas going "I can't believe they're letting me say this, but you might be able to get a better price selling privately...."

Not only is it patronising bollocks, but you can just sense those bit-part actors thinking this is their big moment in the spotlight, time to really lay it on thick with the feigned astonishment.
    We'll kick you very hard in the bollocks .com ............is that who you mean 
    Philly_Q said:

We'll kick you very hard in the bollocks .com ............is that who you mean