Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Today's Trumpy Tantrum

What's Hot

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited February 2017

The cause of polarisation isn't the politicians - it's the Internet. Pre-1995 (or thereabouts), very few were this interested in politics.
    Completely agree. The oldskool, with longstanding views and opinions (Myself included) are just doing and voting for what they have always done and are voting conservative (UKIP and Brexit), where as the trendy interweb surfing minority, who incessantly check their facebook pages and blog and stream every hour have somehow got their insular communications together and between their mutually assimilated mega bytes and insular blinkers, because, like conspiracy theorists,  they all read from the same sites, think that somehow they are now not only in the majority, but are actually more qualified and worldly to run the world than anyone else, even if they are 18 years old. 

It certainly hasn't happened the other way around, well it has a bit, but to a much lesser extent.

The real problem is that American politics have never offered choice, they don't work that way.  If however, Trump came in after Bush Jnr. I'm sure they would be a whole lot less furor about him.  Let's be honest, it was only because Obama was a complete sociopath that the minority of people won't except Trump, it certainly wasn't because of Obama's politics, because most Americans have learned to despise those because they were all based on lies.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24440
    Your Fake Tweet
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    edited February 2017
    Fretwired said:
    Evilmags said:

The British version of Trump is Corbyn. Totally out of line with his party but resonating with his voters. 
    Don't buy that at all. Whatever you think of Corbyn he has principles he's stuck to since he entered parliament. Even Jacob Rees Mogg (the poshest man in parliament) sticks up for Corbyn in this regard. Corbyn's not a leader - simple as that. He comes across as a school  teacher (probably geography) and is seen as weak. Corbyn's not popular with the public, although all the negative press he gets doesn't help.

Trump is a leader and a loudmouth, but he has no political experience, unlike Corbyn. He doesn't understand that politics is about compromise and pragmatism. He dishes out orders like a dictator in a tin pot banana republic and is then bemused when he finds a court overturns his decisions. His reaction - he throws his toys out of the cot and takes to Twitter to rant. He is nothing like Corbyn.

In many respects Corbyn and Trump are similar as I've detailed before, and I'd agree with Mags. 

Both have achieved notable political achievements without full backing from their nation's mainstream news sources. Fox News wasn't a firm Trump backer until the nomination had been achieved. The BBC don't like Corbyn and even the Guardian have some major reservations about him. Instead, both have utilised the online world to spread their rather retro political message. 

Trump is not a leader. He's a wealthy man who employs people. That's not leadership in my view.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6166
    Evilmags said:

In this election both candidates were so vile I'd have written Ron Paul on the ballot and had a strong drink.
    As my 20 year old daughter succinctly  put it.. "It's like the English having to choose between Nigel Farage or Michael Gove".  All the yanks could do was vote to hold shit on their left hand.. or right. :s
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Trump is not a leader. He's a wealthy man who employs people. That's not leadership in my view.  
    Trump is a leader, albeit not a great one. You know he is in charge from the moment he opens his mouth, he issues orders like a CEO and fights back at everyone who criticises him. Corbyn is the complete opposite. He seeks consensus, he makes decisions then  changes his mind and does a U-turn. He can barely hold his shadow cabinet together - he is weak. The two men are like chalk and cheese.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:

Trump is a leader, albeit not a great one. You know he is in charge from the moment he opens his mouth, he issues orders like a CEO and fights back at everyone who criticises him. Corbyn is the complete opposite. He seeks consensus, he makes decisions then  changes his mind and does a U-turn. He can barely hold his shadow cabinet together - he is weak. The two men are like chalk and cheese.

God, it's so depressing to step back and look at the political landscape and personalities. Bleurgh. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9740
    edited February 2017
    Does Mr Trump not have advisors who check his speeches beforehand? Having a President who gets his facts (and views) from Fox News is more than a little scary. He's probably even now waiting for so-called IKEA to claim responsibility for the Swedish terror incident. Oh well, at least he wasn't watching War of the Worlds!
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    HAL9000 said:
    Does Mr Trump not have advisors who check his speeches beforehand?

Not quite related, but I heard this somewhere, maybe on a tech program...

Apparently if you look at the meta data for The Orange One's tweets, the more "measured" ones seem to be posted from an iPhone, and the more off-the-cuff "Donald-Style" ones come from an Android device.  So there is probably someone else at least partly posting for him.

(I don't know how to verify this claim, but I'm sure some of the techies here can if they're interested.)

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6193
    Yes, the Jekyll/Hyde analysis is presented here: https://www.cnet.com/news/trumps-tweets-android-for-nasty-iphone-for-nice/

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    From being banned at work traders all have his twitter feed on a screen so they can react to his next I'll thought put remark. 
    edited February 2017
    Trump is evidently psychic.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/21/europe/sweden-stockholm-riots/index.html

Although to be fair, this sort of stuff happens every week in Sweden these days, it was just unfortunate that Trump lucked out with the wrong day.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24440
    ...or Trump sympathisers / 'alt-right' morons stir shit up in "predominantly immigrant neighbourhood" in order to make it look like he wasn't actually talking out of his arse.

Actually - the article makes no suggestion at all that the rioters were immigrants.  For all we know, every one of them could have been blonde haired blue-eyed and white.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72642
    Sambostar said:
    Trump is evidently psychotic.
    Fixed that for you.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    All of the links on the web to "Donald Trump Buttplugg" are blocked. Power in action...

Resultado de imagen de donald trump buttplug
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Is directed fake news, they  know what you are talking about, the machine knows what you clicked, it's not impartial, it's directed.  Stay away from the internet.

Fake News

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Ol Bimbo has got Mays attention. :o

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    hotpot said:

That would almost certainly get him impeached. 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I just like that he did it while she was doing her Blakey from On The Buses impression
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Evilmags said:
    hotpot said:

That would almost certainly get him impeached. 

I wonder if he played smell me finger when he got back to the whitehouse!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom