Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Are there any women on theFretBoard?

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26639
    edited January 2017
    bbill335 said:
    If I were a woman I wouldn't hang around this sausagefest for very long. Some of the crass sexist bullshit I see go unmodded round here would get you banned on almost any other forum. 
    That's odd - you expect us to moderate according to your tastes but you've only ever flagged two posts, neither of which were for sexism. Or do you expect us to read all of the 1000+ posts per day on here?

(edited for accuracy and less specificity)
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Stereotyping...

20reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5520

The one major exception seems to be Mumsnet, but...I think that place appeals to a particular personality type more than anything ;)
    In all fairness, we get pretty mumsnet on here at times too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    edited January 2017

That's odd - you expect us to moderate according to your tastes but you've only ever flagged two posts, neither of which were for sexism. Or do you expect us to read all of the 1000+ posts per day on here?

Steady on - I didn't realise you were taking note of who reports who and then shaming them on the forum...

(Seriously - you could do a hasty edit of some of the above if you want to reverse this possible problem.)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7775
    edited January 2017
    bbill335 said:
    If I were a woman I wouldn't hang around this sausagefest for very long. Some of the crass sexist bullshit I see go unmodded round here would get you banned on almost any other forum. 

See, we don't need women, this place is bitchy enough.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3592
    @Emp_Fab is a bit of an old woman at times. ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, this escalated quickly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26639
    edited January 2017
    Ravenous said:

Steady on - I didn't realise you were taking note of who reports who and then shaming them on the forum...

(Seriously - you could do a hasty edit of some of the above if you want to reverse this possible problem.)

I've edited it for accuracy, but here's the thing - if somebody's going to have a go at our moderation and demonstrably knows how to use the flag system yet has never used it for the kind of statement he's publicly complaining about, then I'm going to call him out for hypocrisy.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    edited January 2017
    So if I see something I think is pretty despicable but am afraid the minority of knuckledraggers in here will give me hate for complaining about it, I should keep quiet and not report it just in case my report leaks out? (I'm asking for a serious opinion, I'm not ragging you.)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Hey girls - would you like to hang out with a bunch of middle aged guys with more hair on their back than their head who are into flooring, rants about Brexit and Trump and rants about pretty much everything else, personal hygiene, cats, bad taste jokes, and bands you'd never heard of ... oh and some say they play guitar - well they collect gear - well they buy it on a Monday and sell it a week later .. it's a disease.

And no there aren't any billionaires ...

The silence is deafening.

I can't think of a single reason any sane woman would want to hang out with us.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Ravenous said:
    So if I see something I think is pretty despicable but am afraid the minority of knuckledraggers in here will give me have for complaining about it, I should keep quiet and not report it just in case my report leaks out? (I'm asking for a serious opinion, I'm not ragging you.)
    My advice on that score would be not to make baseless accusations about the moderation afterwards. We work pretty hard keeping this place humming along, so it's hard not to take it personally when people start criticising you for not moderating stuff that they obviously read and thought shouldn't be here, but didn't actually bring to our attention.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27115
    My wife has an account I think. Doesn't post though. Very sensible.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My wife has an account I think. Doesn't post though. Very sensible.
    My wife signed up; I banned her account before she could get anywhere.

No sense inviting trouble...and besides, she's not a guitarist or bassist, so she has no business being here ;)
    <space for hire>
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4184
    Fretwired said:
    Hey girls - would you like to hang out with a bunch of middle aged guys with more hair on their back than their head who are into flooring, rants about Brexit and Trump and rants about pretty much everything else, personal hygiene, cats, bad taste jokes, and bands you'd never heard of ... oh and some say they play guitar - well they collect gear - well they buy it on a Monday and sell it a week later .. it's a disease.

And no there aren't any billionaires ...

The silence is deafening.

I can't think of a single reason any sane woman would want to hang out with us.
    That's an outrageous slur! I keep hold of my gear!

And Corbyn. You forgot Corbyn. 
  • Ravenous said:

On second thoughts, you're right. I've edited my post and all the quotes of it to remove the particulars.
    <space for hire>
  • Steady on sisters lol =)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• I'll just leave this here and we can all get on with our lives. Sorry I started this thread!

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/94728/lady-guitarists/
  • Ravenous said:
    So if I see something I think is pretty despicable but am afraid the minority of knuckledraggers in here will give me hate for complaining about it, I should keep quiet and not report it just in case my report leaks out? (I'm asking for a serious opinion, I'm not ragging you.)

You can anonymously flag posts. 
  • Ravenous said:

You can anonymously flag posts. 
    That's what he was talking about - it's not anonymous, otherwise we wouldn't be able to communicate with the flagger if we need more info.

With hindsight, I screwed up a bit (hence the edit of my post and all its quotes).
    <space for hire>
  • Good to see there's not many women on here, just goes to show responsible men are keeping them on a short leash and not letting them run riot on the internet.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom